Friday, February 11, 2011

I Just Couldn't Stop Myself!

I know it's a 1st-person Prose/Essay Workshop, but in response to yesterday's "prompt" assignment, to write about something we love in a tone of hate or about something we hate in a tone of love, I had to write the following. You may sing out loud, if you wish:


These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

Tourists on Lombard and loud wailing sirens,
People who litter my ‘mediate environs,
Busses so crowded you’re crushed ‘til it stings,
These are a few of my favorite things!

Fights with my husband that wake up the neighbors,
Points that he makes, then repeatedly belabors,
Friends unpredictable with wide mood swings,
These are a few of my favorite things.

When my dogs pee
On the carpet
Or do number 2,
I love it so much I could squeeze them to death,
Or smother them ‘til they’re blue.

Writing my guts out then hating each sentence,
People who’re nasty but show no repentance,
Streetcars that scare me with loud wrenching “dings”,
This is the newest of my favorite things!

Seeing a show where the actors are awful,
Witnessing crim’nals in behavior unlawful,
Hearing the lies that a politician “sings”,
Long on my list of my favorite things.

I know these things
I should hate, yes,
I know I just should,
But seeing the wretchedness throughout the world,
It all makes me feel…..
So GOOD!

xxev

Sing out, all you Louise's out there!  





















           



Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?