Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sun City West - And the Livin' Is Easy

Peter and I drove here, into the vast desert development called Sun City West, Arizona, last night, arriving to a nice home-cooked meal at table with Peter's dear grandparents: Buscia and Joe ("Buscia" means "grandmother" in Polish, I'm told). After that lovely meal, all 4 of us (Peter, me, the doggies Sally and Cyrano) fell into a grateful , relaxed sleep on the guestroom's soft and perfect bed....the best sleep we've had all trip!  I awoke to see the Arizona sun shining down on the vast and pisturesque golf course that is the back yard of Buscia and Joe's lovely home, took the doggies for a pleasant and pristine walk (picked up their "business" to keep that golf course spotless) and came back home to a lovely pumpkin pancake breakfast cooked by Joe (who is really Peter's step-Grandad...), and now I am at their phone dial-up computer (the livin' here really is nice  n' easy n' SLOW), and it feels good to get my daily discipline of blogging done...i cannot seem to stop writing!

Before we made it to Sun CIty West, we stopped off at a convenient All American Truck Stop to meet and spend brief time with an old and dear pal of mine, from QUILTERS days gone by: Mary Guaraldi...she came over the truck stop from her home in Flagstaff to be with us, since our original plans to stay with her and hubby Tom Broderick's  one night in that city had to be changed...more on that later....but for now, suffice it to say: i wept with happiness to see that dear old friend of mine.  She opened and is still Producing Artistic Director of the Canyon Moon Theatre Company in Sedona, and when it not laying her low with its typical running-a-theatre problems, she seems to thrive, because she looked wonderful and ...well..she looked like Mary! We've not seen each other in over a decade...and it was like we'd just seen each other last week, it felt so familiar and fun and warm and funny.  She has memories I had long forgotten about our QUILTERS days in Pittsburgh, and NYC adventures as well...it was wonderful to spend half an hour with her and i do wish it could have been longer...BUT...

We got word that our moving truck was set to arrive with all our worldly goods at our new San Francisco apartment the very day after Thanksgiving, and as we had been planning for it all to arrive a week later or so, we had to hustle to change our travel plans, demand that the truck NOT come til Saturday (not Friday), and re-route our days from now til then...that meant cutting out a night in Flagstaff, sadly.  And it also meant starting to deal with all the niggling, troublesome details of real life, as this  ultimate, end part of our transition begins.  I do hope I survive the tensions and fears that keep rising up in me...I've done fine so far, but underneath it all: I TREMBLE!  It will all go well...i know it will...so why do I worry?  Well...i am, understatedly, a worrier.....oh my yes.  Meanwhile...

WE have today and tomorrow to regroup, retrench, clean our laundry, and our car, get things in order, for the last leg of this adventurous journey we've been on, and I can think of no finer place to do it than here on this serene golf course, surrounded by sunshine, plam trees, and two dear people who would anything they can possibly do to make us both as happy as can be!

So - to all who read here: I am going back to bed to have a nice snooze with my exhausted husband, and cuddly dogs, and i'd like to make only one or two requests:

1. If you are a regular reader of this blog, please leave a comment at the end of an entry you read, so I can know who you are.....and if you wish, eave contact info as well.

2. If you are a blogger on this spot, or know how to otherwise do this next thing I request, please do it:  become an official "Follower" of this blog, by pressing whatever button you need to press to do it? 

My plan is to pursure a serious writing career in San Francisco, and though I will nto entirely leave theatre behind, I do want to concentrate on writing a particular book I have in mind, then maybe a 2nd one...plus, i want to begin to send my writing out for publuishers to read...and if I know ther are those of you who take me seriously as a writed, it will build my confidence, give me pointers in which direction to go (because I'd appreicate your comments very much), and all in all, make me feel like someone cares. So, communicate with me on this blog spot?  Many thanks!

All for now...more soon...
Your traveling Evalyn

Labels:


Comments:
And so ... the way West becomes a reality!

Do you ever think about those early pioneers who, like you, felt the pull westward? I can't imagine the things they had to face ... hostile Indians, disease, the unknown. Plus they were making the trek on WOODEN WHEELS! But by God it all paid off ... as I'm sure it will for y'all!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?