Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Woke Up THis Morning....

...with vacation on my mind....in a few days, Peter and I will take our two pups, as well as Paul and Stephen's doggie Foxy, and drive a little while til we get to the mountain cabin (complete with hot tub) we are renting for a week, near Pigeon Forge, TN. Paul and Stephen will join us after a couple of days, after their sojourn with cousins in Montreat, N.C. and we will all settle down for some days together, of peace, sleep, hot tub soaking and at least a day at good old tacky Dollywood! I mean, I HAVE to go to Dollywood at least once while I'm in this neck of the woods, right? I look forward to it. The few days left here at work, I have three more performances of SHOWTIME AT FIRST BAPTIST, which continues to please audiences into hysterical laughing fits (they sure do love my character "Vera"), a couple of small mountains of papers to move around and complete some actions on in my office, and a much needed appointment a the Martha Washington Spa to get my roots done!!! Paul and Stephen, who are in Nashville at the moment with Stephen's folks, will be back here today or tomorrow...and the week will end, with Peter and I driving away for a much needed rest.

The Highlands Festival has been filling the streets of Abingdon for the past week and a half, and our Appalachian Festival of Plays and Playwrights has been going well. Yesterday, I heard a play I truly loved: BLUE SKY BOYS by Deborah Brevoort, who I also had the pleasure of spending time with at a dinner party the night before...she and her gifted husband Chick Cooper came down for the reading...so glad to know them....BSB is a wondrous play, filled with imagination, whimsy and message, centered around the development of the USA space program in the early days of its life....a stunning and funny play ,really...so glad our folks here nabbed it and the writer to be part of our lives for a while...and I look forward to longer friendship with both Deb and Chuck....gotta go to a Staff meeting now, but it was brought to my attention (by another wonderful playwright and friend Rick Whelan, who is here with his fabulous wife Cathy, who I also adore) that i've not written in the blog for a while, and I awoke this morning with a sharp pain of missing having done so...so....more soon, oh invisible public, I promise!

Comments:
Have a terrific vacation, Evalyn. And you need make no excuse for going to Dollywood. I think it would be a blast to go. I hear that Ms. Parton herself sometimes shows up, which would be really fun!
And thanks for writing here again. You have, indeed, been missed by your invisible readers!
 
You'll not recall it, sis, but we (the Barons) attended an Eisenberg-Baron family reunion in Galtlinburg in the late 50s. We (Daddy, Momma, you and me) were the only Southerners. We saw a performance of an outdoor musical, about "Nolichucky Jack" Sevier. I think that has passed into history. Enjoy your holiday, all of you. Love from sunny Houston...
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?