Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Morning Earned

When a week is filled with seemingly insurmountable numbers of varied projects, and I can't sleep because my mind is wide awake figuring out how to accomplish them all...when I'm in my office by 6:00 a.m. because not being able to sleep, at least I'll be somewhere where I can really get things done..when I'm up 'til 1:00 or 2;00 a.m. "choreographing" '60's girl group moves in front of my bedroom mirror to take to rehearsal later the same day....and finally, .when each seemingly impossible task actually does get solved and finished...and it all looks like it should, and Tour deadlines are met and things work well....THEN, a Sunday morning like this one feels so so so good! Especially when I can spend it with Peter and the pups watching Sunday morning cartoons in bed....! YAY!

It's a mild and not too hot morning out, and the pups wanted to walk and walk....the air felt sweet against my skin....and reminded me of every morning I've felt grateful for where I was, and who I am, and what I've been blessed with in this lifetime.

On a morning like this, it all feels possible.

LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS has another 2 weeks before we go into tech week and we are in good shape with that in mind. We've several marvelous new company members for this show and they are inspiring to work with, they're so good and well-trained and clever and giving. Lucky to have them in this show. Makes my job so much easier.

Speaking of ease: I saw some of FOREVER PLAID on the Main STage last night, and wow, can those boys sing! A lovely, touching and glorious-sounding show, our PLAID, and I have formed warm bonds with the 4 gifted young men in the show...one evening we went drinking on the porch of House on Main and really got to know each other, and they have been most generous in agreeing to do whatever Development and Outreach needs them to do on our theatre's behalf....nice guys.

Well, back to snuggling with my husband and puppies....I almost got back into the personal habit of blogging every day when we were on vacation, and my writer energies were revived...so this morning was an attempt to keep those channels open..it's hard to do that with the schedules we all keep around this place, but I'll keep on trying to find the time, energy and heart to keep it up.

Hello and thanks to all who read here.

xxev.



Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?