Thursday, February 07, 2008

Funny, He Doesn't Look Flu-ish!

My darling Peter is laid low with fever and chills, sleeping the entire day away today...frankly, a much-needed rest, even if it did take falling ill for him to listen to the needs of his hard-working  body!  For the slightly over a month he's been at his job, he has put in at least 6 months' worth of hard hard work, delving deep into the  complex roots of the Barter Marketing Department systems and processes....much to lean there and Peter is the man to learn it, but he is hard on himself, unrelenting in his pursuit of perfection as he defines it, and so, of course, exhausted and now ill. I am glad he is resting, (as if he could do anything else at this point....poor baby).

I am sitting by  his bedside, with my office wireless laptop on my quilt-covered lap,and the doggies are equally snuggled between Peter and me...for Sally and Cyrano, having Peter home all day, sick or not, is pure heaven...a warm human to snuggle with, and snuggling is what they do for a living...so, they have had a great day, at least.

Actually, so have I...much got accomplished on behalf of some good things we are working on at the Barter office....people have been so generous with their time and ideas in support of so many of our initiatives for Outreach...really I am grateful.  There are some people in the Abingdon community who do wonderful things for everyone!

Gotta go soothe my dear man's brow....

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?