Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Fezziwig and Wife Return !

...though in somewhat different guises......nonetheless joyful, however! It IS happening, and we are aswamp with packing boxes, wrapping paper, more packing boxes, and an impossible number of things...where the hell did all these THINGS come from? How is it that we think our life depends on THINGS...the more THINGS the better...whew! It's pretty stunning , especially considering how we just did this a few years ago! True, not quite as large a move, but still...

Peter and I leave for Abingdon this coming Saturday morning, the 1st of December, for an investigative foray into the wilds of our new rental house at 216 Stonewall Heights...we will measure and measure and measure some more, sketch out ideas about where to put what...there looks to be twice as much room as we are now living in (I hope that turns out to be true),
so where to put it all seems an easier task than how to pack it all....and if we need to buy more things to make the house work for us, I will do so reluctantly. We already have far too much.
Well...we shall see. At least we have been throwing away and giving away a lot of stuff...but that being said, why does there still seem to be more than ever? It's like it mates overnight.

We spend next week in Abingdon, return to NYC, pack for seriously real, then leave with the big truck on the 17th...wow. Bye Bye NYC! Doesn't seem quite real...but when I do think of it, I get happy knowing i will soon live in beauty instead of noise and dirt. NYC is a very loud place, and for some reason or other, today it really got to me. But, that's okay. Life is filled with all sorts of realizations and transitions, right? I never thought I would want to get away from New York City. But now I do...and I am. We will be in Virginia for not only Christmas but also for the turning of the New Year. Celebrating with friends.

More soon.

Comments:
Ev,

Welcome back to the South! Be sure to come see me in Asheville once you are settled.

I do my best to get to Abingdon to see each rep. I'll make a point to see you & Peter the next time I'm there.

Safe Travels!

Connie
 
welcome back to Virginia! I too cannot wait to get back to Virginia in a couple weeks :D

Good luck with all the moving and have a wonderful holiday season!!!

- phyllis
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?