Sunday, October 07, 2007

Festivities Ahead!

So...if we can can through the busy week that is coming up after today (so many students, so little time), then Thursday night we can drive away for our weekend in Abingdon! I can hardly wait to see that lovely place again....and to the right is a photo
of darling Peter and me as the Fezziwigs in Barter Theatre's Christmas Carol of several years ago, but it sort of represents how i feel inside about going back down to Virginia for the long weekend ahead: excited, anticipatory and ready to dress in funny clothing! (Just joking about that last part, though i do find myself thinking a lot about what to pack...i need to ask Ann J. what the climate is right now...it's fairly Summer up here in the Northeast!). I do look forward to hugging all our friends down there in that place we spent so many important days of our lives, Peter and I...we will also see some shows, and i look forward to that almost more than the hugging! Our puppies, by the way, are staying in the home-doggie-spa of their Aunts Janice and Sue, down on West 73rd, a place they have happily stayed before and there will be much cuddling all around. We know that all four of them enjoy being together (Cyrano, Sally, Janice and Sue) but still we are very very grateful that our friends are willing to watch the dogs for us, making our travel so much easier.

Speaking of travel: the Bair family arrived as predicted on Thursday, and i saw them happily settled into Steve and Paul's place down on 97th Street. All of us are tremendously grateful to Paul and Steve for being so generous with their lovely huge home, and Jeff Bair threatened to never move out, he loves that apartment so much. My lovely Goddaughter Evalyn is remarkably pretty, calm, quiet and shy, and her little sister Mary is too adorable to believe! It's my goddaughter who has my heart, of course, and I wish we'd had more time to get to know each other, but we will have one day. On this visit, they all have so any wedding commitments, so many old friends to spend time with, many of whom have never seen the kids at all...so of course i do understand. I'm just glad i could supply them all with a comfortable place to stay. They leave tomorrow. We may see them for a short time today. Yet to be determined. The wedding they came to be part of is actually today, so i imagine they are swamped with things to do. It was wonderful to see them all as their cab pulled up to the 97th Street door last Thursday.

I've much to do in the next few days, including writing a sestina for poetry class, which I wil have to email to the teacher, since peter and i are planning to drive away Thursday evening, so i will miss class. I am learning so much in that room.

Much to write about, since i have been seeing so many of my students in shows, etc, but no time right now....one day, a good blog session will enable me to catch up on a lot...for now, off I go to the world of the sestina and its complex line end schemes....by the way , go see ACROSS THE UNIVERSE...Julie Taymoor's film homage to the music of The Beatles...if you are anywhere near my generation with all its memories of that era, TAKE KLEENEX! It's a moist experience!.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?