Tuesday, September 25, 2007

FACEBOOK ADDICTION!!!!!!

To the right is me in a supplicating posture, and I am gently intoning: "Save me, save me,save me,save me from my middle-aged Facebook addiction! I have become, in my middle years, a junkie for that online community that is peopled mostly by creative college students and enterprisingly youthful art folk, and I am happy to make daily discoveries - dare I say hourly?- every time I log onto my account: I have reconnected with old friends, giggled at the various Applications that have allowed me to sling chickens at acquaintances, send calorie-less sticky pastries that don't cost a cent, since they are virtual, and chat with pals at Happy Hours that are also virtual, as are the alcoholic concoctions purchased with imaginary money! I fly through the air with Harry potter spells, (I was assigned, after a swell test, to Gryffindor), I plant imaginary flowers sent to me by people who know I love gardening (Steve C. sent me a garden gnome,even), and I am a total chump for browsing new Applications....i tell you: I am a Facebook addict! AND I now have 114 "friends" who acknowledge me as theirs, and I am on a constant search for more! So, if you want to be my Facebook friend, please please please send me an invitation and I am yours.....Am I not pathetic? Actually, it is amazing, this Facebook thing...and it is also the reason you've not read a fresh blog entry in a while....I have spent all free time on Facebook....sad but truer than true. SO: JOIN FACEBOOK and be mine!
Sure, i know, I know :"they" are tracking my every commercial whim and making me part of all future marketing schemes...THEY rule my life....but I dunno....somehow this makes it fun not to care! It all seems so harmless...and there is this thing about connecting across the years and miles...talk about making it a smaller world...Time shifts and becomes pliable in the realm of Facebook.....and I have many more philosophic thoughts on this subject, but alas, I must get ready for my next student, and ....yes I want to check my Facebook account! Bye for now....Virtually yours: EB

Comments:
You're quite mad, you know that. Sucking me into the vortex doesn't help matters. Thank the gods I am good and kind and filled with forebearance.

Facebook, for all love!?! Why next you'll be submitting videos to YouTube.
 
And throwing (virtual) chickens at me adds to the sin, Mistress Mischief.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?