Tuesday, August 21, 2007

HE WON!!!!!

Our friend Will Bigham - a colleague with whom we performed so many many shows at Barter Theatre - he won first place in THE LOT tonight, and in so winning, received a million dollar contract with Dreamworks Pictures to start making movies!!!! There he was: hugging Steven Spielberg!!!! and being hugged back by the most wonderful filmmaker of our era! I am tickled with delight! YAY WILL...and his beautiful wife Catherine , who made me laugh so many times in thre women's dressing room! Lordy Lordy: he won!!!! YAY!

As bewildering as life can be, sometimes, it's just plain FUN! And this is one of those times....

CONGRATULATIONS DEAR WILL!

So many good movies to make, and you will be making some of them, no doubt...while being able to care for your children (2 gorgeous daughters) and a stunning and gifted wife....a dream come true.

Whew! What a thing!

We do have that early film we made all of us together at Barter: BEHIND THE MUSIC:EARTH ,WIND, AND POLKA! And it is great fun! And now, rather a collector's item of sorts, I would guess....well...maybe not quite yet....but who knows....? Life is so filled with surprises: who the hell knows!?

Watching Will recive the prize tonight made me hunger for all tings Barter, so I went to the Tri-Cities web site and read some Bristol herald-Courier articles on what's going on around there....and it does not surprise me to see (though it does deeply dismay me) that the same old reactionary critics, the local small town gossips and their even smaller minds, are still at work on the theater and Rick R....that theater and Rick Rose are the best things to have ever happened to that small charming town, and for 75 years, Abingdon has thriven because of that unique artistic place...but still people feel compelled to criticize it and all of its activities...belittle its efforts to make the community a stronger and more interesting place...a competitor in the world's markets...I am always amazed at the depths to which small-minded people will reach to dredge up nonsense to hurt others....I don't know how Rick bears it...and I consistently admire him for not only doing so, but doing so with grace and generosity of heart. I so loved being there for the few years that peter and I were part of the company....but reading about the petty people again makes me miss it less.

But I seem to be having a hard time with peoples' stupidity lately, including my very own.

BUT WILL BIGHAM TOOK FIRST PLACE ON THE LOT!!!! And that is not stupid.

YAY!




Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?