Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Summer Has Come!

...and we just had a Memorial Day Weekend to prove it! Peter and I stayed in the City, which ,we re-discovered, can be perfectly delightful on a Holiday Weekend, simply beacuse most everyone else has gone away! The streets are emptier, cafes less crowded, and movies positively cavernous in their emptiness at certain hours of the day...so we caught up on movies and enjoyed the relative calm of the deserted town....

We saw not only the wonderful PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLDS END, but the delightful SHREK III, making us official members of the Summer Blockbuster Society, a thing i have rarely aspired to ....but it was fun and the popcorn was great! Since becoming more aware of the film making process because of our friend Will Bigham who is one of the finalists ON THE LOT, I watced these movies with an eye toward: how did they do that? And ,really, how do they do what they do, these magicians of film? PIRATES particularly was thrilling and huge...and gorgeous and watery and warring and romantic and...well...enormous!But somehow the story got told in a human and honet way, despite all the special effects...that takes artistry of a true sort. And SHREK is simply adorable and witty and satiric and dear. It done't hurt that I want to hug pratically every creature in it, especially that Donkey and Puss and Boots and the Pink Dragon..and the dragon-donkey babies! I revert back to being a 5-year old at movies like SHREK...and love it.

Still no difinitive word from Barter about Peter's trip there, other than that they all agree he could do anything there is to do, and people love him. Of course, they are beleaguered with the normal problems of a successful theatre, and decisions such as this one must be considered carefully. So, as much as we know our friends want us there, we must be realistic: this wonderful theater company has concerns other than just creating jobs for Peter and me to come to....we know they want us there...but it must make good business sense as well. So, actually, we are no further along in our decision making process than we were, because we are not sure where to go next or what we truly want to do...we do know that we are both tired of the wearing and tearing of NYC...and wish to find our creative outlets in a place less abusive...but where? Is San Francisco right for us? A visit out there later in the summer may help us know about that in a better way.

When I sit down and think about what I want for me, it's hard to separate that from what i want for Peter. I want him to be happy and fulfilled as a creative, useful man. And he wants that for himself...so focusing on just me can be difficult sometimes, and this is one of those times. But focus on me...well, I truly have to do that too...so what do i want? More to come on that. I crave being near water. Always have. And as years go by, the more I want that. Where does that fit into everything else? Heck if I know...but, I sense exciting times ahead.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?