Friday, May 11, 2007

Catching Up

...is hard to do, lately....the days fly by with a variety of activities,and yet, somehow, with the semester ending, it seems like I am freer than i have felt in a while...I am reading Thoughts Without a Thinker by the Budfhist psychologist Mark Epstein, which is an incredibly brilliantinsight into The Four Noble Truths and how they bear on modern psychological schools of thought....also, it's a reminder of just what a tue pioneer the Buddha was in the exploration of the human being....he understood so much under that tree, and nothing since has exceeded those understndings, those knowings....those experiencings. The true nature of reality. How we live in delusion most of the time, thoroughly unaware of those delusions. We build our lives, in fact, entire worlds on those same delusions. I am enjoying Epstein's book so much.Paul gave it to us months ago, but like so many of the wondrous books in our Meditation Room, it has gone unread until there is time to read it. And I now have the time.

Went to a fun commercial audition this morning, before two students arrived later int he agternoon, and i had fun at it....I just recieved a First Refusal for shoot dates in LA later this month, and will go to a callback tomorrow (on a Saturday!!!) ...for GAIN DETERGENT...teaching has been keeping me far too busy to accept most commercial auditions, so my agents are real happy now that I have time to give them. And my fate seems to be urgin me West: I am still on hold forthe Adam Sandler movie and may have to fly West for a meeting on that, and now this possible commercial shoot....hmmmm.. is ht eworld trying to tell me something.? I do wonder. But, as ever, time and the unfolding of events will teach me what I need to learn. Peter flies to Virginia on the 17th...he is quite busy too, but wondering, as am i ,where the next bends in the road of Life will take us. At least we are happy as happy can be being together. We are sharing so much in this Life of ours.He bought me a webcamera and enrolled us in Skype so now I can see Paul and Stephen when we chat between coasts at night. It is too much fun. Also, miraculous. The very idea: they are in San Francisco and we are here in NYC and we can talk and see each other as we talk!!!! kids today will grow up i a world entirely different from the one I grew up in....progress and time...miracles...we keep changing and growing....growing and transforming...i wonder if that will ever include not killing each other one day...not killing and living in Peace.

So, the days move forward. Starting in June, a group of Steinhardt Grad students will begin to study with me. I think we'll read Shakespeare together.

Comments:
There's hardly much more (intellectual) fun than reading Shakespeare, sister dear. For years, I've had the idea of getting a room at the local library branch and inviting anyone and everyone to come read a Shakespeare play or two...sort of a Bardic Networking Event.

Let me know which play you start with and how it goes. E=Mcee-flared...Brother Richard.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?