Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Adam Sandler and ME!

Yep...got a call today from my agent Gary.....I auditioned a week or so ago for a new Adam S. film...read and put several scenes on tape here in NYC...well, Gary called today to tell me that Adam's "people" called and said he loved my tapes and is really interested in me for the role...it is a major role in the movie, and i cannot for one minute believe that they will not get an experienced film actress, with comedies to her credit....in fact, if I were them, I would pick an actress with film experience...I have had none - but for now, at leat, I'm on what they hesitatingly called "soft hold" for July and August to shoot this movie - this very funny movie - here in NYC!
Gary could hardly contain his glee...he always feels so good for his clients ....and i was delighted that my feeling about the taping was confirmed...it did feel good to me...fun...and right...but i am so used to things feeling right and not booking them - and of course I probably will not book this - but it's good to know I was perceived and recieved well by a young comic actor whose work i have always admired...I like Adam sandler's heart...and how he allows it into his film comedies.

So - I am on "soft hold"...and it feels nice. I can only imagine how "hard hold" feels....probably financial....it probably feels contractual....monetary.

In any event, Spring has finally arrived here and the City has been delirious with relief. Fairly floating above the pavement, the entire City. And my NYU semester soon ends...I am glad.
Though I shall teach privately, singly and groups, and look forward to working with certain young actors very much, I am ready for a schedule change and it will happen soon. I want to take May very easy. If i can.

Peter's last day at Inductis is tomrrow...he then dives heavily into finishing composing music for Janice Goldberg's ROSE COLORED GLASS Off-Broadway....and into a film score composition workshop over the weekend. I have one more Grad Recital to oversee, and one more class on Monday morning, then FREEDOM! (Relatively speaking).

SO...hmmmm. this late in life, will i become a movie STAR???? Hmmmmmm......let's see...what shall I BUY!???!

Just kidding....in fact, Peter and I are cleaning out this huge apartment and getting rid of all we can...we are tired of piles and more piles...tired of hoarding things we never use and never will...for my Birthday, he cleaned out from under his desk! And in so doing, discovered so many things he had thought lost! I need to do the same....closets are calling....

Ann J. thank you. Your note was so dear. I miss you.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?