Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee...

...Let's have another slice of perfect time!

Below is my first email communication to and from this gorgeous place called Carmel By the Sea, here on the perfect West Coast of California:

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Evan M Mueller
> Date: Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:14 am
> Subject: R&J
>
> > Hi Evalyn - I haven't had a chance to breathe since starting R&J, so I'm very thankful to get a little break here. I know that some people have had a chance to work with you, and they're getting tons out of it! Thankyou. Our rehearsals move very fast, so we have little time to deal with anything other than putting the pieces of the play together,
> > so any work you deal with them is needed and helpful. With some of the principles (Romeo, Friar, Juliet, Capulet...) they definitely need more work helping to understand and relate to the emotional life of the play, but I know they're willing and able and moving in the right direction. Hopefully next week you'll be getting more of the cast in to work with you, and they should be able to work off book... I'm trying to really encourage everyone to go far with their choices and
> > really dig into the circumstances to create a really active and expressive physical life on stage. I think we're moving in the right direction. Josh Zecher-Ross has added some a capella music, which sounds wonderful, and next week we'll be adding some fight choreography, which really looks terrific, so I'm very excited about where we're going! Thanks Evalyn, I hope your week off is going very well, and I'll talk to you soon!
> >
> > Evan
> >
> > Evan Mueller
> > muellerevan@nyu.edu
> > 646.263.3172
> >

----- Original Message -----
From: Evalyn Baron
Date: Monday, March 12, 2007 9:43 am
Subject: Re: R&J

> HI EV - EV HERE...THANKS FOR THE INFO...I AM HAVING A GOOD GOOD
> TIME COACHING AND APPRECIATE THE CHANCE TO WORK WITH THEM ON THIS WONDERFUL MATERIAL....RIGHT NOW,
> I AM IN A COZY COTTAGE BY THE PACIFIC SHORE IN CARMEL,CA. AND FRANKLY MAY NEVER COME HOME
> AGAIN! JUST JOKING...GOTTA COME HOME, BUT IT'S SO GORGEOUS HERE, I WANT THIS WEEK TO GO VERY VERY
> SLOWLY...WE WATCHED THE SUN SET OVER THE PACIFIC LAST NIGHT....NEIGHBORLY DOGS ROMPING ON THE VAST
> BEACH....ALL TOO WONDERFUL....NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY THE HIPPIES IN THE EARLY 60'S
> FOUND THIS WILD PLACE SO ENCHANTING....DESPITE THE MODERN POSH STORES, IT RETAINS ITS
> YOUTHFUL INNOCENCE...MUST BE THE NEARNESS OF THAT OCEAN.... IT IS ONE HELL OF AN OCEAN....I WONDER: DID JULIET EVER SEE THE SEA?
> XEVALYN

Oh Evalyn! I'm jealous. Soak up some sun for me, and have a wonderful
time.

Evan
**************************************************************************************
And, dear Evan, I don't blame you: I am having such a good time, I am jealous of myself!!!

I have never wanted time to pass more slowly than I wish it would now pass...Paul and Steve have brought me to yet another West Coast Paradise: this time: Carmel-By-The -Sea, California: outpost of the Beatniks in the 1950's, then the Hippies in the 1960's and now a most wonderful posh yet superbly liveable and comfortable tourist destination....thank goodness we are here both off-season and mid-week... if it were an in-season weekend, it would no doubt be a popular carnival too crowded to enjoy...but as it is right now, on an early-morning Tuesday in mid-March, it is quiet, calm, gorgeous, intersting, lovely, warm, cool, breezy, Pacific (and I do mean from the Ocean), and gorgeous-smelling....this is a place I can rest....and so I am.

The guys have rented a cottage called Brigitte at a hotel called The Normandy, and this little cottage has three bedrooms (beds made in Sleeping Heaven, where they put soft cotton around thick clouds!), a cozy living room and dining nook with working fireplace.....a serviceable kitchen right off which is a marvelous patio/deck overlooking a courtyard of palms and eucalyptus trees...I mean: gorgeous. That roaring sound you hear? THE PACIFIC (but nonethe less ROARING) OCEAN! Yes, that little peek of deep turquoise?: THE OCEAN PACIFICA!!!

Yes: dear readers: I am a happy woman, soaking in the beauty and the shopping! Tomorrow : I will get a facial, massage, sea salt body scrub and both "cures": mani- and pedi-!!! At a local Spa a few blocks away....a stroll past luxurious shops and charming cafes and coffee spots...I mean this place is silly with delicious stuff to see, buy, taste and experience....the only thing that is certainly not silly is that righteously noisy body of water down the street: THE PACIFIC (but nonetheless attention-grabbing) OCEAN!!!! Did I mention it was two blocks away from where I type?

I can see it stretching vastly toward its morning meeting with the Horizon, right from where I am perched in the cool morning air....the fellas are still sleeping...after all it is barely dawn...i go to bed early, and rise with the first possibility of natural light.....and since we are cooking and eating only the best natural produce the locals have to offer, my body feels superb....the asparagus alone are enough to make you want to move here forever! Pure sweetness. Never seen the inside of a refrigerated rail car....they were born, raised and eaten here! Hell, if I were an asparagus, that's is how I would want my life spent! Here. No where but here.

I have more to write about than I even dare suggest at this point, but I must go freshen my coffee cup and hell! Who made the rule that says one can only make one blog entry a day? So, dear readers, expect more soon....but for now know this:

I AM IN A PLACE OF MY DREAMS...HAVE SEEN MORE OF GOD's GLORIOUS EARTH IN THE PAST TWO DAYS THAT I EVER DREAMED EXISTED...AND AM HAPPIER THAN I KNEW I COULD BE SO DEEPLY AND SO QUICKLY....this is called: VACATION!

More soon.

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?