Monday, March 19, 2007

God Willing and the Creeks Don't RIse...

...by this time tomorrow, I will have been home, in my own wonderful apartment, snuggling my pups and my darling husband (if he can manage to do his Inductis work at home tomorrow) for hours ....I must say, I can hardly wait for that first sweet hug! Paul and Steve have shown me the very best of vacation times here in this glorious City by the Bay, and I have had a wonderful, fun, enlightening and beautiful time of it...seen the most breath-taking Ocean scenes, shops to delight my senses, eaten wonderful healthy meals...Stephen has been acting as my "spa chef" and I feel terrific and lighter and prettier than I felt when I got here - absolutely, a wonderful time.....these dearest of men are my best family and support....BUT: GIMME GIMME...that thing called love (as that thoroughly modern girl Millie sings)...I MISS PETER! I WANNA HUG HIM! And, so I shall. Soon ! YAY!

After a vigorous and brisk walk down to Fort Mason this morning, and a delish couple of coffees at Green's (bringing back memories of the surprise celebration this past summer of Paul's birthday there), the three of us strolled to see what else Fort Mason has to offer and we discovered many arts organizations and a fun book store...we strolled at our leisure...then kept the blood flowing by hiking back home to ready ourselves and the apartment for our departure later this evening.

Our United flight 94 is not until 10:11 this evening, so we've plenty of time...but so far, all seems to be on schedule and flying! I feel so ready to get back to work. And will hit the ground running, pretty much, as one of my private students needs some help with her LEAR audition tomorrow afternoon, and I have my dear 46-10 actors tomorrow night....then class bright and early Wednesday morning, plus some private work afterward on both a couple of recitals still due and the ROMEO AND JULIET I am helping with....can hardly wait....this vacation has been good for reviving my engines and I am ready....

I am sitting on Paul and STeve's back deck and the sun feels so damned good...I shall miss the surrounding beauty of this astonishing San Francisco, but must remind myself to look for it in my home town as well, no matter how busy I get right?

Meanwhile, I still am intrigued by the idea of the San Vampyrians and the myth of the underground beings that I keep imagining here....I wonder if I shall ever really write the fiction I keep threatening to write..or even get back to poetry the way I know I want to but don't....bet I will....yes, I will.

Yesterday, we drove to little places like Mill Valley and Fairfax (so "hippie", so incredibly "60's) and we went all the way to Spirit Rock, which astounded me with its utter silence and spirituality.

More soon.

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?