Friday, February 02, 2007

The Snows They Are A'Comin'

...or so say the weather people...a snowy slushy wet storm of some sort...and, with it already being so late in this Winter season, I say :YAY! It's about time the weather began acting like it was supposed to, giving us at least a semblance of a feeling that we are not actually ruining the planet with our greeds and needs....anyway, it is a very deep lowering grey outside and i am snuggled warmly with my dogs, reading an astounding biography of Thomas Alva Edison...there is so much to read in the world.

And one of my dreams has always been to settle down in some small seaside community for a period of months, get a card from the local (well-stocked) library, and start at the very first shelf and simply read my way through all the shelves! No matter what the book, just devour it, and then move on to the next book....read hundreds of books in a proscribed amount of time and simply do it for the joy learning and escaping into a writer's world.

Maybe one day.....

So much to write about and so little writer energy going on in me today...so, I shall indulge myself and write when and what I feel like....it's that kind of day. And i have such joys to write of, such students, such discoveries...even the warmth and softness of my boy- dog's furry paws is worth writing about today...the cunning nature of the girl -pup's eyes and sweet soft tongue as it gently lets me know she adores me....it's a slow soft lick, very very gentle and petite...Peter calls them her 'soft lickies"...is there anything more pleasureful? The three of us are quiet and at rest here today, and whereas i should go to the gym (no matter the grey around me and the cold), instead i will lay back down on the soft sofa and read more about the man who invented modernity!

More soon, dear readers.

Comments:
Oh yes! It is one of my dreams as well...you must let me know when you hunker down in that seaside cottage by the library, so I can join you- and we will read till our eyes drop out! In fact, I'll even cook for you from time to time so we have some yummy snacks to nibble on while we read...ABJ
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?