Thursday, February 22, 2007

Once A Brother, Always....

....(it's funny: when I first typed the heading above, I typed "Once a Bother,Always..." and almost left it that way, as i quickly relived the hundreds of hours of sibling scrabbling Richard and I endured as youngsters...honestly, I must have been the world's most selfish, spoiled, impossible, mean and nasty little sister, and I can only say: THANK YOU RICHARD FOR STILL BEING MY FRIEND, and even loving me more now than I ever thought possible....!!! I am so glad I have such a fine man for a brother...even when I was younger, (once he went away to school) I must admit, I used to explore his room and think: Jeez, this guy is really interesting!....even then , I knew how special a person he was, and is...but I probably never admitted it to him....now, gladly, I not only admit it, but want to yell it from high rooves.... (is there such a word as "rooves"?) Richard Baron is a wonderful man. And thank you for caring enough to post that History Channel news on my behalf.

I am still downtown here at NYU, typing this entry at Bobst Library, because I am committed to ushering one of my Grad students' recitals into the Black Box Theatre and tonight is the night for that. I have spent a long day down here, coaching, visiting classes, confering with other teachers...and I've enjoyed it. And tonight should be fun, because Dayna G. is a terrifically talented actress and singer, and it'll be fun to help her , when she needs me to.
Her recital is the day after tomorrow.

I may help out soon, coaching some of the longer speeches for a small production of ROMEO AND JULIET that some of the kids want to put together. Evan Mueller, a wonderful acting teacher for the undergrads, is directing, and today he and I spoke about how I might be of some help. If I do that, it could be interesting. We'll see.

My darling Peter will come downtown with me Saturday and attend the recital, after which he and I plan a nice date night together! Dinner and whatever. We can both use it. Fun.

Comments:
It is fun to watch one cousin on TV and to read about the other. Thanks to both of you, Evalyn and Richard for sharing. Your Minneapolis cousin enjoys it greatly!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?