Monday, November 06, 2006

HELPING WHERE I CAN...

...in the small ways that I am able to on a daily basis...in this world where Might is again equated with Right, and where doubt is viewed (by all the sad men who run our country) as a dastardly lack of patriotism ....where Death is used as the final threat in a War against people who view Death as glorious thing, and since we cannot understand that, we cannot understand them....in a world where Peace is viewed as weak....what on Earth can I i do to ever truly help?

By doing what it is within my power to do: show younger artists where their powers lie within them, and help guide them towards using those powers in a way that will help heal pain and strife. And so, I am making a long day of it downtown today with not only my class, but helping the realization of a student's Recital as well...we just worked for an hour on the scenes from WEST SIDE STORY she is doing as part of her program, and will work again tonight at the actual performance venue on Barrow Street...this is a talented and good young actress...and she is working with other good talents as well, so it really is more a pleasure than anything else...it's just so tempting to want to go home and help Peter figure out how we are going to arrange the furniture in our gorgeous new RED Dining Room!!! It really does look fabulous...now, where are we going to put the table? And the piano (which is going to look so sexy in all its shiny blackness once we take off all its dust covers)? And all the other things we need in that room....basically, we want to keep it as spare and simply luxurious as possible. And we have yet to find the right ceiling light fixture. But we are shopping on line a lot for just the right look.

But, we shall get to all that later this week....today I am devoting to NYU...and that is that!!! And i love it down here. And am ever grateful for the opportunities Bill W. is giving me to teach these wonderful students. It's simply that I truly don't feel like working at much of anything lately! Not that I am a lazy bum...far from it! But I want to do what I want to do! Meditate, read, take long walks....go on long retreats in pretty places....Anything that does not require taking subways or bumping into large crowds of human beings! Or rehearsing. I think maybe I have had all I want of rehearsing. At least for now. I wonder what the root word of "rehearsing" is?

ANYWAY.....i don't teach until 2:00 tomorrow afternoon, so I can spend the morning wallowing in my messy home and figuring out what to keep and what to throw away, and what to put where......the sheer intense beauty of the Dining Room walls is so pleasing, i may just go sit in there on the floor for a while and let ideas come to me in whatever meditative state evolves in that new room...it is tremendously inviting, and our Thanksgiving party will be lovely there. I saw all sorts of gorgeous table decor yesterday on my long walk to and from Staples (where i worked on printing the next play for my 4610 Group) and I may just indulge myself and really get some pretty new stuff for our Holiday table......I want that room to shine!

It is practically tropical in its warmness outside today....where in the world is Fall and Winter and how can people say that Global Warming is not a problem? It has been an odd succession of warm, moist, then instantly chilly days and nights, followed by more warmth and humidity. The destruction of this planet is an inevitable thing, since nothing ever stays the same and change is all there is for sure....so to assume we are not doing damage is one more arrogant thing we all indulge in: lying to ourselves. We are all so good at that. This dream we live in.....

Got very sweet notes from both Lynn A. and Steve F. about the FAVORITE YEAR work...such nice people. And such deeply gifted people as well....I was glad to work with them. One more thing I can take off my "list"...you know that list of things we want to do in our lives? Working with that particular writing team was on my list, and now I have....also working with Steven Spielberg is on there, but that probably will not happen...at least in this lifetime. Oh well.

Okay, enough of this rambling...time to find a nice comfortable place to read in this vast and gorgeous NYU Library and settle down until time to get back to work with my recital folks.....we will not work too late! But for now...bye.....

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?