Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Retreat Into Peace

...which is exactly what I will be doing this afternoon, as Peter, Paul, Steven and I drive away into the north of New York State, up to Menla Center for a 5-day Buddhist study and retreat the subject for the 5 days is Peace...and, given the state of the world, and of human lives in general, I can think of no better subject to meditate and contemplate on than that particular subject: peace...pace...pacificity...peace. I can hardly wait to get onto the mat and wrestle in the most peaceful way possible: this subject...contemplation...breathing..and being in the presence of Sharon Salzburg and Robert Thurman once more.

I am missing a Song Analysis class tomorrow, but old pal Judy Kuhn has agreed to teach it for me, and all the students are very excited to be in the presence of one of their childhood Disney heroines: Pocahontas! It will be good for them to hear what she has to teach about breath and language. And good for me to get away and get some perspective on NYC and teaching, for a few days..I have been so in the thick of it!

So, for all who read these pages I will be computer-less and cell phone-less for 5 entire days! So I will answer mail when I return!

Chirstopher Columbus discovered new worlds...i intend to do the same within 5 days of silence and beauty. Peace indeed.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?