Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Planetary Joy and Cosmic Dust!

....seem to be bombarding the earth on this rainy cool day...at least, according to an email I received from the ever-darling Ed Dixon, that is what is happening today...some sort of energy allignment with the human heart chakra...allI can tell you all is I woke up today feeling fabulous, and have fairly floated above ground today, as I wend my way through a full and busy NYU day...and this is with rain falling everywhere,grey and dim of light...somehow , it all seems terrfic and great with me today...

Maybe I got enough sleep last night. That is a rare but useful thing to do: go to bed early enough, and actually sleep through the night. I went to bed, after a truly tiring day, and was asleep well before 10 pm....Peter cooked a gorgeous and delicious dinner, then went off to his basketball practise...I fell into bed, snuggled with puppis and read til my eyes slammed shut! And to day i do feel so good,whatever the reasons.

I sat in on Bill Wesbrooks' class this morning. Another thoroughly enjoyable and collaborative session,as he engaged me and John SImpkins in discussion of the students' work...there is such a feeling of relaxation and friendly sharing when he opens up his classes like that, and the kids benefit, as do we as teachers. Really fun. I had this idea last night about abook the three of us could collaborate on about the three slightly varied apporaches we take to Song Analysis: all adding up to the Steinhardt approach. We each approach it differently enough to make it interesting, and the important thing is to make sure the students know each approach is not only valid, but truly able to blend with the other approahces to create an individual technique. So, to embrace the seeming contradictions is the goal.Because they are not really contradictions at all. Simply other aspects of the same goal-seeking: to enable a totally free and expressive intrument in the student singer/actor.

This afternoon, in my Song Analysis Class, I will employ a thing or two I learned this morning. ANd that will be easy to do.

Peter starts his new job at Inductis, downtown in the Wall Street neighborhood tomorrow. A new phase of our life shall begin. I am so rpoud of my husband.

And I must go get tickets now for my in-laws to join us to see WAITING FOR GODOT on the 26th of this month, down here at Kimmel Hall...the Dublin Gate Theatre is bringing their world-acclaimed production of the Beckett play here to campus. I can hardly wait. And we faculty get speacial tix prices! Another "perk"of the job.

It feels like Fall today. I got word that an old colleague of mine died: Edwin Owens. We did A CHRISTMAS CAROL as the "Fezziwig, twice at McCarter Theater, and shared some Barter time together as well. Dear gifted Edwin: I'll miss you, but enjoy your time wherever you are and come back to be a wonderful actor in another life! I send love and peace.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?