Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Thr Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer...

....are the silly lyrics that kept floating through my head as i walked the pups this early morning...the City feels like a carnival ever since the heat wave of last week ended, and there is a positive bouyancy in the cooler air that makes me think of that song....odd, isn't it: the soundtrack in our heads? So many songs stored up there, and they come out to play ,surprising us, whenever something pushes their particular button...I don[t think I ever actually sang that song in my life...but there it was.

I am off to an audition for ElderCare...down at 9th and 44th...then lunch with the nice student who watched out dogs while we were in SF, and a later int he afternoon tea with Paul D....tonight, a postmortem meeting at Diane W.'s concerning the New School Summer Immersion I taught earlier this Summer...it will be fun to re-hash it, and find out how effective it was...I do know from the kids I have been hearing from that they feel their lives were more or less changed by that powerful 15 days of work...it will be fun to hear what the others have to tell at the meeting.

Did I tell you, dear blog readers, about the song Peter wrote for Paul and Steve's July 18th Birthday? Called FAMILY.... Written from the POV of both men,the chorus of it is:

"So, here we are a family,
Two ex-wives, two kids, three dogs,
That straight guy, you and me!"

And it made Paul cry when he heard it for the first time....They also insisted that the CD of it be played at one of our larger gatherings at Sea Ranch , so many people in our party got to hear it...and now everyone wants a copy...it's such a lovely song...and Peter produced it like a techno-soft rock thing,so it soudns terrific. He sings it, of course. Totally unique, loving and good. All oabout searching for the right love, and ,fortunatley , finding it, and as a result, our crazy wonderful family.... a song for all of us, really.

I had better run to my audition...so much i want to write these days, crowding in my head all the time....but for now...bye.


Two ex-

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?