Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Engine...

...the troubled engine of the mind....a phrase that came up in one of the terrific conversations PSD and I were able to have during the time I spent at the House over these past two weeks....I just returned from Upstate tonight, with a happy husband Peter greeting me here at 890 West End....the troubled engine of the mind...Paul and I spoke of so many things, and we've been together as mates and friends for several decades now, so if there is one thing we have learned to do over these roads we've travelled together , it's how to talk! And cut right to the chase, as they say...spending little to no time on small ideas or notions...we read each other so clearly...but what is becoming clear to me is that even though I have known this man for some 30 years or more, it may be that I am just beginning to truly know and understand him now...at the very least, more clearly than ever. And i still not only love him, I like him too.

It's funny...recently my brother Richard, the real writer in the family, complimented me on my ee cummings use of the small case "i"...the truth of the matter? SOmetimes my thoughts are flowing too fast and I am too lazy to push down the little button that would make it "I"....it's laziness, not style. And as anyone can see from reading me for any length of time, there are "i"s and "I"'s all over the place, for no apparent logical reason...will people pore over these one day and wonder why? I seriously doubt it...but thanks for noticing ,Richard.

Tomorrow is the wedding ceremony...at least as far as gay men are able to have one in this stupid world,...of one of my truly oldest friends Edward Linderman, who has been with Sandy Leavitt now for many decades...I have known Ed and Sandy longer than I HAVE EVEN KNOWN PAUL, SO they are marrying after all these years....and Peter and I will be there to help them celebrate! I'm so proud and happy for these two lovely wonderful men. I have known Ed since Northwestern days, but first met him whne i went downtown Chicago to work for the Second City Touring Company....Eddie played piano for the troupe...and from then on ( and that had to be over 35 years ago)Ed and i have been able to share enormous parts of our lives together....we have always loved each other. And tomorrow I get to see him be the bride!

MAZEL TOV Ed and Sandy!!!! MAZEL TOV! Tomorrow is your day!

We can all out the troubled engines of our minds to rest for at least tomorrow: all is right with the world....a marriage of two great souls.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?