Monday, July 31, 2006

SEA RANCH.....SEA RANCH,.....SEA RANCH!!!

I am a seagull...no...no...I am an actress...no ..no ..I AM a seagull....especially after being at the amazing glorious SEA RANCH for the past week!!!

We drove up from San Fancisco last Monday....an entire caravan from the Paul Daniels Birthday Celebration: Steve C. , his marvelous parents Lucille and David, me, Peter, Paul, Rachel my niece and her gal Alison, Katy Cole, Mery Cole daughter and niece of Steve), Christina Cole (another daughter)... friend Michael and Nancy Truitt (Paul's cousin from New York), and I do believe that was it...we all more or less caravanned from THe lovely Redwood Inn in San Francisco....some of the folks stopped for groceries...we were in three separate cars...Peter,Nancy and I destined to be housemates at a glorious place called Pelican Cove, decided to shop for groceries once we got up North...each house was asked to provide dinner for all 14 of us for at least one night...we were to cook for Tuesday night....and so we did...Michael (Jantzen) ended up sharing our paradise of a house with us as well, so we had some good cooking going on in that lovely Pelican Cove...yes we did....but the food was the least of it...Sea Ranch is about so much else...

I've been away from the blog because life became about so much more than finding a way to plug in my computer to the Internet...as a result, I made a fair number of entries in the handwritten journal I brought with me, and shall copy a deal of those entries into this form soon...it was so important to carry that little volume with me as I walked the miles and miles of seaside paths daily, because the sheer nearness of the sky and astounding waters of the Pacific were enough to keep me constantly inspired...it was hard to think in terms other than poetry...there seemd no other way to express what i was feeling each day.

Because each day was a thoroughly astonishing thing to behold, experience, and live through...a privilege, every day, to be part of that landscape, part of that particularly heavenly terrain...no matter whether the day dawned foggy or crystal clear, the magnificent Pacific Ocean was always at its gorgeous best...there IS no bad weather in Paradise.

Y'now how you always have some sort of picture postcard in your mind of the ideal place for yourself? That special dream place you escape to in your mind? For some, it's a moutain retreat with a roaring fire and huge mugs of hot cocoa as the snow falls thickly outdoors..for others, it's smack dab in the middle of a Broadway stage, basking in the strongest spotlight possible....well...for me...it has ALWAYS been blue skies, huge expanses of blue blue water and gorgeous waves crashing while i soak up the sun and breathe the fresh ocean air...clean cotton sheets on a comfortable bed nearby...good food and friends in the nearby perfect house...but always, always, the Ocean, the sun, the sky, sky and more sky...throw in a couple of sea lions, a pelican or two, some fabulous sea anemones and craggy moon-scape boulders created by the pounding waves and you have Sea Ranch!!! SEA RANCH IS MY PERFECT PICTURE POSTCARD DREAM, and I was able to spend a week right in the middle of it all....I am content....at least for a while, until I can go back.

I found my place in the sun.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?