Monday, May 01, 2006

One Last Class...

...was this morning, and it was so good...I rewarded all their hard work by alowing them to work on two-person scenes fort heir final presentations, and I was rewarded in turn by some lovely scene work. I will miss this particular group. Unique in their personalities and talents. Fun and open to change. A sweet set of sophomores. I hope to remain friends with as many as possible. And some have already signed up for whatever class i am teaching in the Fall. Another Song Analysis, I think.

Jenna D. brought me a gorgeous bunch of pink tulips...goegeous ...and at the end of class Katherine B. presented me with a large bouquet of yellow roses, with a card signed by the entire class. Very lovely. Two dozen, I think. Bright yellow. So sweet of them to do that. I trned in final grades and left the neighborhood to come home and catch up on much needed sleep for my show tonight. Except for meeting Bill W. for lunch, I may not see that area of town until the Fall.

Gorgeous day. Washington Square Park is coming alive with food vendors and doggie walking people. Paul and Steve have landed in San Francisco, where they will exploring for the next several weeks. They will be back to NYC just before A FINE AND PRIVATE PLACE closes on the 21st of this month.

Cousin Miriam is in town...with her daughter Charla...saw the show the other night with my niece Rachel and her pal Allison...they loved the show. I knew they would...am so glad they did. From what I hear rave reviews keep coming in from various on-line sites...this is making our writers happy. I have not been in on the New York "scene" in a long time, having been away at Barter, but what I am learning about indutry "rivals" and personal "agendas" of the various critics, is interesting. Not particularly surprising ...and for that matter, not that interesting either, but it is good to be reminded that people will do anything they can to put themselves above others. It is simply human. And aren't we all?

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?