Thursday, May 04, 2006

GORGEOUS WARM SPRING DAY!!!!!

...and I am in a house cleaning fit of a mood!.....I do have one private student coming at 2:00 but otherwise I am picking up, throwing away, laundering, folding, storing and dusting...I have been wanting to do this for weeks now but have had absolitely noooo time, and now here is a little bit of it, and off I go....I have been waking up lately each morning with apsecific thing in mind to either throw away, store, or clean...yesterday it was a stack of very old newspapers...today it was the front hallway rug to clean...and if i I could rid myself o fhalf my belongings, easily, I would..the problem is I always fins a reason not to! But today, those reasons may fly out the window...along with the items themselves!

Only two weeks more really of A FINE AND PRIVATE PLACE, and though York audiences are meagre, those who come do love it so...or at least seem to...talking with friends who have been in other York shows, no matter how well-reviewed or how much the audiences have loved them, as with ours, people simply do no fill the house except on Opening nights and the rare preview, and that is usually with the new York folk who like to see everything early so they can talk about it with others....and now we are left, a raft of good reviews to our credit, with hardly anyone in the house...but we go gamely on! And we still love each other and the show itself.

Odd. People seem to much prefer spending their money on more expensive things. And with their small budgets, the wonderful York does the best it can to reach as many as it can.

Gabe Barre, our director and original "Raven" has already left to go off and direct other thigns...so the terrific Gary Littman is on and he is truly good....our stage manager Allie Deutsch will be gone after this Sunday's matinee....she's leaving a few days earlier than planned...Christianne Noll will be taking a few shows off to do some concertizing, long planned...her understudy will go one, and in fact was hired from the begining to do just that....but Chris will be back....and the rest of us are slogging it out.

The most exciting thing for me is that on the weekend after the show closes, Paul and I are going off to the Catskills to a place called Menla Retreat House for a full weekend with Robert Thurman and Sharon Salzberg...a full sitting meditation weekend in the mountains....I have been reading theirbooks assiduously, and am ready to learn all I can from them....then, as it is working out, i shall teach at the New School in June....a new Musical Theatre Intensive Program for out of town aspirants....Should be an intense time...but interesting. Then.....i want to rest and teach just enough to live...the Fall promises to be a busy time at NYU...

Peter and i are in deep discussion about what to do with our lives...and about whether or not we even want to stay in NYC....but for today, i wash my rugs and clean my closets.

Peace and love to all.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?