Sunday, May 07, 2006

Aleta's Class...

Right into the void, created by much thought and contemplation I have been choosing to meditate on lately, has stepped dear Aleta C. and her class....since my return from Barter, she and this marvelous group of students have kept my spirits soaring and, as I chose to copy and paste her latest letter , you will see why:
Dear Evalyn,

I want to thank you for your note to my class and me. They were thrilled to know that you would even consider putting the Andrew Marvell's poem on your dressing room mirror. (They feel as if they are a part of your acting life now.) (They sent me a copy of To His Coy Mistress, from the which the line "a fine and private place" is derived)I read your note to them on our last class together, and they will take your advice and "go out into the world and share their knowledge with love."

Isn't it something that they will take your wisdom and let it become part of their lives? We have so enjoyed your writings and your wit and your experiences in New York City. (!!!)

The students here are somewhat sheltered from the unnecessary harshness of the world even though they do have their own personal tragedies they try to work through. But, what I admire in them is that they still think that one person can change the world and society; and that this change can start with them. (That , of course, is truer than true...though in a city like this one, that is hard to remember at times)

So, they march off armed with idealism, integrity, honor, and courage to right the wrongs in the world-- or at least they try to soften the damages that others cause. Through your writings, they feel that you are that type of champion, too. (Too kind)

You are that type of champion--and I do hope you know that. Your integrity shines through your wit--and that is a most appealing quality, especially to students. You have awakened in them what means the most in the world and now, they are going out into the world and do just that.

So--to you from all of us (commencement is this Saturday, May 13)-- they wanted to give you their highest praise in the form of their favorite quote from the poet Robert Frost. . .

Frost said, "I am not a teacher--but an awakener."

Have a grand summer and continue to have great adventures, from Dr. Aleta Crockett in Virginia

Dear Aleta and Class.... thank you thank you....and, as someone once told me at my wedding: ENJOY THE CHANGES! They are inevitable, and some may seem painful, but all they truly mean is that valuable growth is taking place....so keep breathing,relax and love as much as possible. Congratulations on your graduation! Both my husband Peter and I send love. xxevalyn baron

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?