Sunday, April 23, 2006

Where Have All the Springtime Flowers Gone?

They are drowning the in the recent chilly Springtime floods! It is raining and it is cold...and life is better spent snuggling in bed with a good book or husband, or at a theater doing performances than it is spent outside in the unpleasant wetness of this odd Sprintime weather!!

But first: thank you to all who sent me birthday wishes and notes....each one was such a surprise and made me feel so good. Thanks to my darling husband who bought me a lush bouquet of lilac and iris, and other lovely gifts, and to Paul for his dear generosity and Steve for his sweetness and warmth....my dear Drew E. came to the show last night and took me out to to a wonderful Korean dinner in between matinee and evening....he was part of a rather full and terrific audience last night. In fact, our audiences are gorwing and each one seems to watm to A FINE AND PRIVATE PLACE in its own personal way...much of the humor has been discovered and ' re-inforced...lots of good solid laughs, and they seem to hang on each lovely note sung by Joe and Chris and Glenn.....and they are bound to shed a tear or two by the end. It has been fun playing to full houses. We all hope it continues.

Meanwhile, starting this coming week, a stream of guests will arrive: first in line: the adorable Chase Helton from Abingdon, one of the wonderfully creative teenagers we became friends with there....he has been working as an intern at Disney Orlando this Spring and is coming here for his break, specifically to see my show, and others as well of course...he will live in the Purple Room for a few days...then cousin Mr=iriam and her child Charla will be around, though I beolieve they are staying mostly in New Jersey for their visit...then Peter's beautiful parents will be here...for Mothers' Day and as usual, they are so deeply welcome. We adore having them here.

Annie K. nad Sarah C. , two of my Steinhardt students came to the show on my nrithday and not only were part of a wonderful audience that night, but brought a heaping plateful of home-made brownies to celebrate my day...the cast and crew snarfed them down quickly!!! What dear ones they are. And terrifically talented as well! So good to have them there. I do hope more of the kids come.....

Only three more Steinhardt classes, and I have each one planned out to the minute...i will miss this group, and hope to have them in future classes there. Deeply gifted group. And very very nice people as well. Steinhardt seems to breed a sense of fairness and honor in their students. Or, conversely, the program attracts that sort of youngster. Either way, it's appealing.

Nancy T., Lois R, and Jackie Y. all came to AFPP the other evening and it was so great to see them....my dear friends from the CAP 21 Board...they loved it and were so supportive, as usual....recently I had heard that Peter Van Wyck had been let go from CAP 21, and I had also heard the staff and faculty were distressed over this.....but they re-assured me that all seemed well there. I do hope it is. AFter talking to PVW himself, I do believe he is much happier and feels free to pursue what he wants for his future...he deserves good things...he is a nice man. And worked hard for that company for a long time. I wish him well. And will have tea with him soon. Good man.

Well, I had better prepare to SWIM to the 3:00 show today! It's pouring rain out there!

Bon Voyage!

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?