Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Taxing Weekend....and my idea for the Awards...

...is what this weekend shall be officially called! Because i am buried beneath a mountain of paper receipts (Broke Tax Mountain,dare I dub it?) and am sorting and listing and adding and catagorizing, all for our meeting with the inimitable Trudy D. on Tuesday! She is our friendly tax accountant lady, and I have been her client for many years now (ever since starting Les Mis...she is tax lady to Broadway folk), and now Peter had joined her ranks, as we file as a "married couple"! So here I sit, avoiding the inevitable....i really must get back to it soon...but for now: a blogging catch-up time......ah!

The Academy Award Ceremony is tonight....we shall have it on the tv, even though I have real trouble sitting and watching it in any steady way... I dunno....maybe it's the all too human display of ego....all that money spent on gowns that could be feeding some starving people...i wonder what it would take for one of the major stars to take her gown off, revaling something decent underneath of course, and announce that the money she spent to wear the dress would now go to feeding a family she personally will sit down to dinner with! A display would follow that gives new meaning to "they took the shirts off their backs to help us"!! Now THAT'S an Academy Awards Show I would be glued to watching!


What composes the inner nature of a person who is bound to succeed in theater?

Why do some people "make it" and others do not? We all know it's not talent.

What is that "thing" that keeps a person sticking to their goal and actually achieving it?

Why is it easy for some and the hardest thing in the world for others?

Someone please answer these questions for me.......at least attempt to do so.

You'd think , after all these decades I have been working in this biz, that I would know more than i do about the above questions. But, alas, I do not. So....

HELP! ANSWER! SEND ALL THOUGHTS! WRITE ME THE "TRUTH" AS YOU SEE IT! Please?

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?