Sunday, March 19, 2006

OY!

So, our darling book and lyric writer, Eric Haagensen, whom I have known since forever, is now in ICU at St.Vincent's Midtown...I just talked to his mate Joe McConnell, and all is fixed and on the mend, but Eric did have major abdominal surgery yesterday at 4:00pm, and has a long road of recovery ahead...it seems he had somehow tied his writer's stomach up into knots! And though it is not a usual thing, it is a condition not unheard of before...they had to cut him up, go in and untie the knot by cutting a bit here and there...so he is temporarily the owner of a disrupted digestive tract....after healing, they will go back in and reconnect..but for now, he is out of the woods and into the land of recovery!

Thank God....at least it was something fixable! Whew! And he has a world-class husband in the form of Joe M. who knows how to take care of business and is by his side like glue! So, that is reassuring....man, I tell you....Life gets you coming and going right?

I have rehearsal at 12:30, a six-hour straight-through affair, since iwe get such a late start (the church does not let actors in until after 12 noon on a Sunday), so I am luxuriating in my free morning, after a lazy slug of a day yesterday...although i did get a few things done that were on my list of "necessary things", like getting food into the house! But mostly, with Peter's hurt ankle (he will play basketball and run about like a boy!), we laid low and watched movies....STAR WARS 3, REVENGE OF THE SITH was really good! And so was MUST LOVE DOGS, a cute comedy...I also indulged in hours of needlepoint, my harmless addiction...and here we are.

At least I do feel really rested for the on-slaught of activity ahead...

But for now, the news is Eric H. and his unexpected tummy troubles.
May he heal and be well!

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?