Monday, March 20, 2006

Ft.Lauderdale? BAH!!!

Who needs it, when, after Spring Break, one can comeback to a class like I had this morning? My Song Anaolysis Class at NYU/Steinhardt is soooo lovely...and today, after having brief conferences with each of them, I know them a little better now...and I like them. Admire their work as it has grown, and appreciate where they each are in their lives...

After my class, the first one in a week, I cabbed up to rehearsal at The York, and worked for a few hours...Christianne N.is back from her weekend of concertizing, and it was nice to hear her voice again, as lovely as it is...I will not see them all again, since i will be shooting the Mt.Vernon film tomorrow all day...and Wednesday is the FINE AND PRIVATE PLACE day off...I do go back to class on Wednesday morning, but having time off from rehearsals will help me no doubt catch up on needed rest...I am sad that I was unable to at least attend the Project Shaw reading tongiht of HEARTBREAK HOUSE (I wish I could have accepted David's request to be Narrator again, but...) I do need to be at the pick=up point for the film tomorrow by 7:30 AM! So tonight, I rest!

Peter is down at the Players Club helping David S. out technically...he is such a good guy that way.

A FINE AND PRIVATE PLACE is shaping up well, and I sense it will be a good show.
Pity that dear Eric is hospitalized, and unable to be there at the rehearsals he so cherishes...but the important thing is he get well and recover totally...no doubt, script changes and needs will be well addressed by him, even from a sickbed....it is our job to honor him with the best work possible, and under Gabe Barre's guidance, this stands a good chance of happening. I really really like the way he approaches the work....I am stunned pleasantly by his sensitivity....I trust it.

And Milt Granger is just a plain all -out good Musical Director....thorugh and caring. Punctilious and demanding, with opinions that are informative. He is also one hell of a nice man! I do hope I a giving him and Gabe what they want.

Actors, even old ones like me, are soooo funny...really.
To open oneself in the work is important, but then ,well...one is left open and vulnerable and...well....feeling! I had forgotten about this part of the work.
But to do otherwise, anything other than open up, is unthinkable, so..once more unto that particular breach, dear friends...! One's soul!

Well, to bed...I awake in a few hours! An actors work.....who the hell ever said it was glamorous? WHere ARE those limousines when you really need them?

More soon....

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?