Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sunday in New York.....

....why does it feel so inviting..."....as the old song goes....and today, cold as cold can be outside, with the sun "a bright canary yellow", would be an answer to that musical query....because two people in love, a Manhattan couple, married , with dogs, can sleep late and pretty much run no risk of missing an appointment! (Although I do have a student coming over at 3:00 for a HISTORY BOYS coaching....his audition is tomorrow....

In any event, Peter and I slept well past nooon, though i was awake at around 9:30 for a cup of coffee...but, since the pups did not seem to need to go out at that time, I snuggled back down under the covers, and slept til 12:40 pm!!!! I don't remember the last time I did that!

There was this outrageous Yoga class yesterday I went to with Paul and Steve....it was exhausting as only a class that is beyond one's reach can be....and despite the lovely brunch afterwards (at Regional, our new neighborhood favorite), I was pretty much done in by all those peaceful asanas! Paul bought me a 10-Class Card, so I guess I will be going back, but to a lower level class, for sure! It did feel good when it stopped....and there is a certain peaceful feeling in knowing you have survived a life-threatening situation!

After brunch, I changed clothes and hurried down to Tisch Graduate Writing and sat through a most delightful reading that Peter was in called YOU MAKE ME SMILE, written by a talented woman named Laine Williason, from LA....Peter was terrific as the lead Dentist/hero who, in the end, gets the girl....and the entire enterprise, directed by Janice Goldberg, was energetic and made the idea of the screenplay very much alive....I had such a good time. And the cast was top-notch...then Peter and I subwayed home, stopping at the Metro for dinner, which for me consisted mainly of a bowl of their wonderful matzohball soup! Then we spent a lovely evening at home....I love when we can do that. We have such a good home, with our Sally and Cyrano doggies, and out comfortable leather furniture we bought in Abingdon....such a cozy living room, very much lived in...comfortable.

And today, with the day I have stretched out before me tomorrow, will be leisurely as well. Except for Alex T.'s coaching, I will read and do needlepoint, Take a long luxurious hot shower and simply restore all systems for a rigorous and demanding Monday, starting with my 9:30 class at NYU. Then FANNY'S FIRST PLAY as part of the Shaw Project....though that should be as much fun as the last one....

Peter ,dear man, has undertaken to re-design my personal website, and it now looks quite different (and far more professional than the one i hurriedly put up two years ago)...check it out, and you will see what I mean. I look so...i dunno..official! And like such a serious working actor person....the motivation for the re-design was that A FINE AND PRIVATE PLACE's site now links to mine, and Peter thought I should have something more refined to show for myself...and so....thank you Peter...

In fact, I think I'll check it out now!






Af

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?