Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Shaw Sunday....

...because the amazing David Staller has managed to get off the ground in a naturally stylish manner his idea for what we are calling The Shaw Project: to produce a staged reading of every single thing GBS wrote for the theatre, and to accomplish this catalogue of reasdings over the next two years, here in NYC, on the stage of The Players Club Theater downtown on Gramercy Park....tonight is rehearsal for the first one: ARMS AND THE MAN, and I will be one of the Narrators...Victor Slezack will be the other...

THE SHAW PROJECT
www.theshawproject.com

a reminder of our first reading
Monday January 23 7PM
The Players Club
16 Gramercy Park South
FREE
reservations 212 475 6116

ARMS AND THE MAN cast

Malcolm Gets - BLUTSCHLI
Nancy Anderson - RAINA
Marc Kudisch - SERGIUS
George S. Irving - PETKOFF
Alison Fraser- LOUKA
Nick Wyman - NICOLA
Cynthia Harris - CATHERINE
Victor Slezak. - NARRATOR ONE
Evalyn Baron - NARRATOR TWO

David has used this Shaw thing to get a production company together called Gingold Productions, in honor of his mentor Hermione Gingold, with whom he was friends before her death years ago...I admire David's creativity and strength, as well as his good taste. I am glad to be of help to this old friend. Tomorrow, we shall do it for the public...

Received a wonderful email from Perry Morgan, and, as ever, he keeps Peter and me in the loop of information concerning himself and Jo Hall, his gifted wife...we were pals at the Barter...and i miss his sweet smile...I am determined that we will work together again one day. Rick R. and Amanda A. Will be on town soon, for casting and costume stuff....can hardly wait. Also, according to an emial I received, there will be a memorial thing for Alice White at the Barter Theatre in March...I am planning to be there. The problem is: once I get back down there, will I be able to pull myself away to come home? I guess it's good to love a place so much, even if one cannot be there! It's good to love, period! A place, a person, an idea...

Thursday night, I will go back into MERRY WIDOW rehearsals at NYU and assist Bill W. in whatever ways he needs me to...I do hope I am helping.

Gorgeous NYC Sunday outside!

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?