Thursday, January 19, 2006

Screaming on Billboards....

......which is what you will see me doing on behalf of a new cleaning product, if you live in NYC, LA, Chicago or Atlanta....but more on that later....

First Song Analysis Class at Steinhardt yesterday and it was early morning and fun, despite the monsoon weather we had, with 55-mile-an-hour winds blowing water and wind into going-to-work faces from early morning on...I got downtown, umbrella sturdily defending me against the onslaught, at around 7:30...two hours before students would arrive....sat cozily in a coffe shop organizing my thoughts and energies...got to the 9th floor studio where class was scheduled, organized the chairs and the piano so there was plenty of room for the normal relaxation stuff i start with..and soon the 15 students began to wetly arrive...the two and a half hours flew by..songs were sung, names more or less learned, and a few souls opened...their voices are superb, each and every one already well-trained with so much potential for more...i loved hearing each and every one of them sing...and there are already a few who have a sense, a good sense, of inhabiting the song in a personal way...further work should be revealing. Next class Monday morning. Song lists prepared, with voice teacher approval....and we shall start with Group One...Song Analysis...

After class, I got a call from Toni D'Iantonio, a casting director I had seen the day before for this particular print job, and although Abrams Artists are interested in sending me out on print "go-see's",they did not send me on this one...rather Kathy Rossiter gave them my name, and the night she came over to read her new one-woman show for me and a few other folks, she told me to expect a call to audition...well they did call, I did audition, and I did book the spot, which was shooting that very afternoon after class, at R/GA on West 39th Street,....I was quoted a very nice bit of money for what turned out to be only 20 minutes work in front of a still camera, and after i clued Abrams people into the deal, they clarified the contract for usage,etc. Turned out to be very nice. And the people I met in connection with the shoot were extremely interesting and good to me. Nice people.

Seems I am part of what they are calling a "guerilla campaign" for this new SC Johnson cleaning product to do with showers and in an effort to reach the single guy who lives alone market segment, they are going to run an online campaign for people to enter a contest called "The Dirtiest Bathroom"....people are to send in photographs of what they consider the dirtiest bathroom they have ever had or seen...and as a come-on, there will be these billboards and tear sheets all over 4 large cities, for a period of 4 weeks, with a mom screaming as she sees her son's dirty bathroom shower stall....and that is me! A screaming momma! Funny, of course, but screaming, nonetheless...and that is that!

The money. as i said, is very good.....and actually, the job itself was fun...I wonder if anyone will draw a moustach on my upper lip in any of the towns....oh well,I'll never know....

Cynthia A. and I worked on our proposal for an out-reach program we are developing for the Stella Adler Studio...a very interesting bunch of ideas that, if it gets going could help so many young people.

Peter and I have this glorious weekend ahead of us to get a lot done around our apartment. YAY!

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?