Sunday, January 29, 2006

Gloomy Sunday....

...but happy heart....every day with Peter is a precious one in my life....we both slept late, because we ate and drank late into Saturday night with our friend Paul Johnson, after he sat at our baby grand for hours, working with me a bit, and with Peter lots and lots, since Peter is the real singer and has an audition coming up ....sometimes i feel like I could audition in my sleep (which no doubt I have done without meaning to) I have auditioned so much....Peter is , relatively speaking, new at it and is forming a valuable alliance with this gifted coach , so I sat and did needlepoint, happily watching my exceedingly gifted husband work and work and work...he really is soooo good! And it's not just the "wifey" part of me that thinks so...in fact, because I am so close to him, I tend to be even more critical than normal...so when he is really hitting his stride and working to his potential, there is nothing more thrilling to me..and he did that last night for hours! He and Paul Johnson work so well together. THey really make it happen...Paul's ability to gently but insistently coach and peter's listening are creative together.

Also, I made a scrumptios pot roast and it was making the house smell so yummy all through the work session....we sat down and ate it with a good bottle of wine after work was done...we talked and talked into the night....had grapes and Godiva chocolate liquer for dessert....more talking and talking...Paul Johnson is a special man.

Meeting Wendy Waterman for a matinee of TOUCH OF THE POET at 2:00 today...then she and I will have dinner and catch up on life....Peter may join us.

My wonderful private class of students has grown and I have consolidated them all onto Tuesday nights....works better that way and is more efficient. Such good things are happening for them all, as they struggle with what it is like to devote their young lives to this business we are all in....and it makes me feel good to know that the pains i went through at their age are now enabling me to help them through this time in their lives....certain ones of them I included on a MARY POPPINS list to my friends the composers are being called in to audition,(Anthony Drewes obviously forwarded my request to Tara Rubin, which is so special of him)and this is making them and me happy! And dear Tara listens! That is special too. WHEN WE ALL BAND TOGETHER TO HELP EACH OTHER-- THIS IS THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE! Too idealistic of me? No. We must all help each other in any way we can in life. WIPE OUT COMPETITION and HELP WITH INDIVIDUAL FULFILLMENT! Because if it is meant to be (the part for you) then it is meant to be...! we must all pitch in and be generous as we can be and help.....i don't think I could have survived this long in show business if I honestly did not feel this way is the right way to think.

Anyway....off to get ready for "Con Melody" and the gang! Gabe Byrne! Yummy!
xxev

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?