Monday, January 16, 2006

Fresh Beginnings...

...after a weekend of "lying in", so to speak...a weekend of cuddling and cake-baking...Peter's birthday yesterday, and all he asked for was for me to bake him a cake...and so I baked him a cake! Vanilla, with vanilla icing! Decorated in blue..and with love. It was a yummy cake, and sweet. Just like Peter..yummy...and really so dearly sweet. We slept when we felt like it. Ate more cake. Watched football (it was his birthday after all....so even I watched football) and slept some more...we had a quiet good time. That was, of course, after my teaching two hours in the morning. Kim A. flew up from Boca Raton to prep for her college auditions. And she did terrific work in the four hours I worked with her. But after Kimmy left, that was when our birthday sloth began! And we wallowed delightfully in it! Deeply cold outside, and sleeting wet rain. SO snuggling down inside our cozy home was even nicer than usual.

It was a Sunday stolen frm Time.

So today, with the sunshine clearing the way, it does feel like a fresh start.

Ruth Selman called me this morning, and it was so nice to hear frome her. Today is her 84th birthday. And for most of those years, she has been indefatigably working for peace in the world. The premier Montessori peace educator. Pat Yonka's mentor.
And now she and her husband Jerry are back home in NYC (after living in Florida for years) living in an assisted living facility on 46th Street, near their son Matty Selman, the writer. ANd I am so glad Ruth called to wish Peter a Happy Birthday. I want to visit with her and talk about her life. She has lived an interesting one.

A gathering at our place tonight to listen to Katherine Rossiter's one-woman piece she wrote....I have been discussing the development of it with her, and we have been having fun discussions...she's a bright, funny and articulate woman with lots to say and has been dogged in her pursuit of a conversation with me, until finally I stopped and listened: I really must do that more often: stop and listen. I like Kathy so much. And I think her talents are vital. So I am glad to help. Should be fun tonight. I really must blog about how I have been feeling lately about this theatrical community and how I have been feeling about my place in it....so much to write about as ever. So much.,....but right now: I must go work off that cake!

later....ev

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?