Friday, January 13, 2006

A Changing View...

...is happening....Paul gave me a book to read about the Dalai Lama, written by an admiring and persistent Chinese-American journalist, and the intimacy of it, the clarity with which it presents this superb human being, this Spiritual Master, is making me see things around me in an entirely different way...and i mean that as truthfully as I can say anything....an entire switch of perspective....

That being said, and since I am unable to articulate apiritual things nearly as clearly as one day maybe i will be able to, I shall continue to tell the story of the things happening in this one humble life... the particular life as it unfolds amazingly before me...

John H. and Melissa O. are wonderful wonderful, wonderful...and Peter and i had the most wonderful time with them, talking far into the nights, and early in the mornings, over strong coffees...it was was such a good reminder of enlivening friendships....and we are so happy for their happiness. They both fairly radiate with the discovery that , yes, they are entitled to be really truly happy. And that they have found that true joy together. Nothing more powerful. Peter and I were both empowered by their presence, and their visit was far too brief....but oh so good.

My class at NYU starts Wednesday morning. I coached some of the MERRY WIDOW actors this morning...two of the most beautifully voiced and gorgeous young talents i have ever worked with...Bill W. asked me come in and get them into a more playful space working with each other.,,it was so much fun. So easy, really, since the basis for their training is so good, full of breath and already passionately awake through singing properly and fully. We worked easily together for a short time. I look forward to more. I am awakening to the excitement of a new venture, and young artists new to me. The opening of new stories to discover. Their lives.
I've already heard from a number of them, in response to an email I sent them introducing myself (after Bill W. wrote an initial letter, so sweet) and they now know what is expected of them that first day. It was so easy. Our conversation , which will last a full semester, if not longer, has begun, and I am excited.

I have written a letter to the editor of the Bristol,TN. paper, after our friends the Lands told us of a Menorah flag burning that happened in their front yard. Bob suggested i write a letter, strongly urging the community to consider this HATE CRIME for what it is, rather than sweep it under a rug of community silence...I did as he asked, and got a call immediately saying they will be printing it. I shall put it in my next blog entry...for now...I need to get back to the Dalai Lama....

xxev

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?