Sunday, December 18, 2005

WOW!

I received so many supportive emails about my last entry!

Thank you each and every one.

The Mark Twain quote from Dr. A.Crockett is classic: "The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightening and a lightening bug." He had a way about him, literarily, did he not? Thank you Dr.C.

The weekend in the country (again with the Sondheim) was perfect....much accomplished. That craft project almost complete and so lovely.Thanks to the help of Paul D. The snowscape surrounding the impeccable and comfortable House was, as ever, brilliant. We slept, ate and did fun things. Peter caught up on much-needed rest, I stitched to my heart's content...and the Jane Siberry thing was fun and adventurous, none of us ever having been in Bridgeport before! She is an artist unlike any other.Bless her.

The pups loved romping in the snow,even though it did every now and again allow them to sink in so deep it covered their little dachshund heads! They were undaunted!

Ben T.(Nancy's gorgeous tall son who i have known since his birth!) found yet another tall and perfect tree for their living room, this year: 14 feet tall!!! We decorated it and drank fab hot cider while doing so....I have decided that ornaments, especially the really large and gorgeously crafted ones, look the best on a large tree! And they have some beauties! Peter and I will have ours in place by Tuesday night....our first NYC tree in five years! We ache to begin decorating it. And so we shall.

Peter's folks arrive Thursday night of this week...oddly shocking how fast this year is flying...poof! Another Christmas! Hard to even believe that this time last year we were putting up our tree on Valley View Drive in Abingdon....yikes! I was heartsick at having to leave ...it seemed impossible,.and now here we are...a year gone by. Not a day goes by (hello Mr. S, yet again) not a single day....that Barter is not in my heart.

Tomorrow I sign with Abrams...my first on-camera agent in a while....and before even signing they sent me out on a Mercedes TV spot that will shoot in ARGENTINA of all places! Don'y ask me why! BUT if i book this one? THANK YOU MERCEDES BENZ! Danke Schoen!It was simply so much fun to be back in front of a camera again!

The class I wil teach at NYU next semester starts on January 18th, I believe...so I have some serious Holiday time to enjoy here...I will start my private classes up again at that time as well, since it seems all my private students will have finished all their Christmas shows and seem to want to get back to work in class, so....it has surprised me how powerful those nights of class work have been for all concerned. Very productive. Grateful for that.

Steinhardt School people seem very comfortable talking to each other about the work, and if the Faculty Tea i went to is any indication, Bill W. welcomes all to open their hearts and minds and share their ways of teaching. He encourges free ideating and urges courageous talking about any and all experiences and approaches. He honors each individual teacher that way, and they feel it. He also suggests that teachers have times together often when ideas can keep being shared. I could have stayed aournd that table listening and contributing all evening. Mostly listening, but feeling deeply welcome to contribute as well. True sharing....pulling together. No one fearful of any one else...all equal. Therefore, all powerful. So good. Very humble and assured. Each teacher an open book and not afraid to be read out loud.
Truly , this can only result in good things for the Steinhardt future. I do hope so.

It is so good to get to know people I can believe in and trust with my opinions and ideas. One of the things that mark my favorite people is this ability they have to listen and not fear. And if fearful,then admitting it and putting that fear to the good use of their own growth. Rick R. is so that way, and he therefore taught me to want the same from others. I certainly married a man who is demanding in that way. Twice. Both Paul and Peter have that quality of fearlessness in them. I guess they would have to have in order to put up with me!!

Am I talking too much?

But, you see, I am so happy.

As, dear readers, i hope you are.

xxev

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?