Tuesday, December 06, 2005

New York Winter

...sets in for real, as the winds blow and the temperatures drop.....it has even snowed a time or two in the last week, not majorly, but enough to remind us what it's like to get out the snow boots and allow them to anchor us to the salty sidewalks....that snowy icing that makes the dirty city look clean once more, if even for a very short while....

Two terrific meetings today at Abrams Artists with both the commercial department and the literary/directing section...i will meet more commercial agents next week...and probably sign contracts with them over time...I was particulary impressed with the lovely Tracy G. and the writer's agent Beth B., both of whom has terrific stories to tell and lots of good background in this business...they know everyone I know, and have had entirely different experiences over these past two decades....I had a good time at that office today.

And another remarkable class this evening.Paul Johnson is such a good good pianist with singers, so sensitive and insightful...so helpful when allowed to contribute his lovely ideas to the actors' development...i value his presence in my classes so much. Such a nice man too.

The purple Guest Room is finished and looks wonderful wonderful wonderful! ANd now the fun of new furniture and decor can begin....I already placed one beautiful Indian Buddha in the room and it looks so natural there....this wil be a soothing and terrific meditation room....and guests will feel welcome there. So, dear friends who read this, soon you will have a place to come and stay with us...at last! So, that awful leak from the apartment above us has turned into a blessing in disguise, as it made us turn the room into the better room we have wanted all along. That purple is remarkable soothing and mouth-watering...bowls of fresh fruit will look good in that room....

I accepted the offer of a class at Steinhardt today...I will teach the Spring Semester starting January 17th...and I shall be an employee of NYU proper...a step in a direction I wish to go...so that when I was called with an offer of an audition today that would have taken me out of town, i was able to easily turn it down and my agent thoroughly understood my reasons....if i go anywhere that is not NYC, it will be Barter and only Barter....meanwhile, it feels good to be asked to teach again...I have missed it, in a larger classroom atmosphere, and was frankly surprised when it worked out that i was not teaching where I thought I would be teaching this year....but it has served to make me investigate so many other possibilities for myself and this has resulted in a certain growth and understanding of my love of teaching. True collaboration has been a joy to re-discover, and in so doing, I have learned more about this great university I had only scratched the surface of before now. I am grateful.

A FINE AND PRIVATE PLACE, a show I first became associated with some years ago at Goodspeed, has been given a production next spring at York Theater, and the writers called me today to tell me they very much want me to do the role I created for them ,and that I also recorded on the CD a couple of years ago...I was touched they thought of me...and even though the York wants to hold proper audtions for all the roles inluding "mine", I will be thoroughly content with what ever occurs in that regard. I have had the pure pleasure of creating the role of "Gertrude Klapper" and am content. There is so little I need to prove these days, in terms of my acting career, and it feels good to want only the best for that show,and whether it is me or some one else....it is up to them, not me. And that is okay. So very nice of Eric H. to call me first though. Again, grateful.

A lovely show that show. It deserves success. And so do the dear writers.Good friends all.

I hope all is well with Barter. I have not heard lately. And as usual, I miss them all. Terribly.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?