Friday, December 23, 2005

Family Family Family....

......arrived safely last night, and we are so glad they are here! Peter's parents are among the world's best best best people, and not only that, but we actually have FUN with them!!! So, it's not only family who are here,but good friends as well...we are so lucky. So very very fortunate.

They arrived last night, as Peter and I had just finished putting the beautiful peaceful new Guest room in shape, and it was waiting glowingly for the Yonkas to come ooh and ahhh over it...which is exactly what they did of course, as we knew they would....Peter managed to get the cable hooked up, hide all the wires, hang the several lovely pictures he had from his collection , with Asian themes, and boy! They look great on the velvety purple walls...I swathed my altar area in a gorgeous burgundy cloth i found in the neighborhood....looks luscious....the Gohohnzon looks so elegant against it. And the wonderful deep red carpet is perfect against the purple silk draperies and silk duvet covers...i mean the room really is fabulous. ALso, I am told by my well-rested in-laws, the room is comfortable and peaceful...

By the way: THE NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT STRIKE IS OVER AND DONE!

Subways and busses are back in service ...New Yorkers can now stop walking 70 blocks to work and complaining about how awful the transit workers are...people can resume their manic Christmas shopping and, quite seriously, smaller stores that were suffering badly because of the strike, may now have a chance to survive...it was getting pretty awful out there for many reasons, and happily, cooler heads prevailed and, obviously, some sort of agreement (or sufficient threat) was reached....and here we are. I barely felt it, as I had the luxury and privilege of being at home and in our neighborhood for all of it....but tens of thousands of others really did suffer infuriating delays and chill and sore muscles from walking,etc...I am glad people can more or less relax now...with a renewed sense of how important the transit systems are to our daily lives....at the very least, this may be a useful reminder in days to come...I personally intend to tell my bus drivers how glad I am to see them again! I hope others act in a kind way.

A turkey is a'roastin' in the oven....the tree is prettily glowing ....and the apartment feels like a home. Especially as the day is grey out side...and pretty cold.

Pat is working on finishing various gifts...Charles is wrapping others..I am clearing my desk...]

Christmas 2005....very sweet and good.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?