Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Michigan continues....

...and here we are at Tuesday night before Thanksgiving 2005.

The most important news to report: my dear first mother-in-law, my dearest Paul's Momma, Lucinda Sherwood Daniels, died last night at sround 8:55 PM, according to Steve C. She was a magnificent 99 years of age, and finally had simply had enough of this life, I suppose, and gave up the fight, which had gotten more arduous as the weeks rolled by, though she was not particularly ill. I believe she was simply ready to go, and saw no particular reason to lug her aging body around any longer, so gracefully, in her sleep, she let go of life, and she is now with her dear husband George,and of course I envision her sharing a cup of heavenly tea with my Momma, who is, as usual, enjoying her company. Paul is very sad of course, very tenderly so, but he realizes, as do we all , that she was ready to go. And I think he is glad she got her wish...though he cries so so much for the sheer missing of her...he loved (s) her so much. Thank goodness the Hospice people had called him and Steve while they were in Nashville and told him they had better get to Chicago...they made it in ample time to say goodbyes and wait with her til she departed. I don't know how Paul would have stood it if he had missed her passing. All our hearts here, at this happy Thanksgiving Michigan house, go out to this dear man who has been so good to us all. Yes, my first husband...but my always friend. Paul. Bye for now Mom Daniels. Thank you for all you gave to my life.

She will be interred Monday next, since the Minister is away for Thanksgiving...sadly, since I must be home in NYC, I will miss her service...or will I? Maybe I will change my mind andgo there instead ofhome. My darling Peter actually suggested that. He would then drive the car and doggies home to NYC, as planned...well, we'll see.

Yesterday, after a delicious lunch, the four of us went to see the latest HARRY POTTER movie, GOBLET OF FIRE, and I think it is the best one yet...we all loved it.
Also, Mom Yonka and I stocked up on knitting supplies and other things crafty and we spent a cozy night working on things we bought. I am intrigued with the decorating of a scarf I have knitted with tiny sequins! I think it will look terrif, and worht all the effort I am putting into it..more later...xxev

Comments:
Thanks. Take a look at www.innertalk.com for change made easy.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?