Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Thanks

...for the emails and answers , you all....the support and caring evinced by my questions and musings makes me feel altogether better...and,even though the plumber is in our guest bathroom knocking a hole in the tile so he can locate a leak, and even though the NYC skies are grey today with a promise of showers, hearing from you (Ann, Janet,all of you!) keeps my spirits up! Only makes me miss Abingdon more though,because I realize that despite how busy we all were down there all of them time, there always did seem time for real conversation and sharing. There was always your porch , Ann and Chris, welcoming and warm, with hospitality to match...and there was always Rick's office door, open and ready for conversation that never seemed dull or false....even the seasonal visits of dear Janet and hubby were a welcome addition to our community and "family" there...and to my delight, I find this blog is reason enough to keep that community together. That is warming.
Makes me feel less lonely in my pursuit of understanding what this part of our life here is about,as we struggle but enjoy.....thanks so much for writing me, all of you.

Well, the shape our home is in so reflects the shape of my apparent life right now that i have to laugh...the core is calm and solid, as is the core of me ,thanks to chanting and meditation and reading, and the "appearance" is a mess! Dear upstairs neighbor LH is, according to our Managing Agent at MidBoro Mgt. not only responsible for the breakage of her toilet tank and the subsequent damage to all of us below her, but now, dear nice woman, she has fallen ill and , I am told , is in the hospital! So she, (along with her toilet bowl), is broken! Poor dear. She really is a nice woman, bright and friendly. As bad as i feel for our Guest Room, I feel worse for her, having to bear the burden of all our damages and her ill health.

But, that being said,the Guest Room is taking a long long time to dry out because it had become so very soaked by the flood from above. Our "super" did do an initial scraping of the worst plaster, but still the walls and ceiling are o wet...it will take time, and more time before we can even think of repairing and repainting. MEANWHILE,since we had wanted to have the small bathroom re-done anyway,we are taking this opportunity to try to get that done...and so today, they discovered the leak source, and can now fix it, re-tiling can result, and replacement of the small sink as well....plus some other fix-ups...this is all good.

Casting is complete for the reading of BLITHE SPIRIT I will direct for CAP 21 on 17th October ...Mark Lamos had to drop out as "Charles" but I am so glad to have Dan Diggles reading that role now....Kate Skinner as "Ruth", and Eliza Ventura as "Madame Arcati"... Susan Cameron as "Elvira"...lovely.

The wedding of Krista Guffey to Michael Poisson is this coming Monday, October 10th...I wish we could be there...so wish it....we send them all our love...such good, dear and talented people. I can picture the wedding now...in beautiful Fall Abingdon. The prettiest time of year there, except for Spring....and Summer and Winter...that pretty little church. Hazel's delicious food at the reception...

Oh boy...

Krista and Michael: love each other forever and enjoy the changes life brings!

xxxfrom both Peter and from me....

xxev

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?