Sunday, September 11, 2005

Riverside Park.....

...and the glories of it on a day like today: sunny, fresh. green. cool. warm. populated with interesting Sunday New Yorkers and their inevitable pets...I saw a man and his wife walking their enormous and gorgeous gray cat on a red sparkly leash...many doggies, used to much crazier sights, walked right by...whatever happened to the supposed war between dogs and cats...is it time to say: "they got along great ! like dogs and cats!!"??? Anyway, after a superb little breakfast up on our Roof Garden here at 890 West End, Peter and i got Starbucks' iced things and walked over to the Park (after an emotional run-in with a person I shall dub Dog Lady, and about whom I shall write more later...perhaps Dog-Faced Lady would be more apt)...anyway a gorgeous leisurely day with my husband in this city of our choice, this New York...

We had, while in the Park, the most wonderful chance meeting with the delightful Howard McGillan, and his dog Terry...we must have relaxed and chatted together for 45 minutes....such a lovely day to do that in...i like Howard very much. I asked about his son Brian who (I knew from our GOLDEN APPLE weekend) is a Tulane student, and who had evacuated the new orleans area the Satuday before the hurricane hit...Howard told us that Brian is fine and living in New York, preparing to go to NYU very soon...it happens that NYU, well versed int he ways of emergency and need from 9/11, opened their doors to all Tulane kids who needed room and education...
So Brian McGillan for now is home hear his Dad...this seemed to make Howard happy.
Also, October 3rd he re-enters the cast of PHANTOM on Broadway and Peter and i vowed to go see him in it...I have actually never seen that PHANTOM, so it will be fun to see it with a talent i really respect in the lead...we vowed also to get together for a Fall dinner party..I want to have Howard around a good dinner table with certain folks...

Got the nicest email from Terre Land..a woman I love and respect from Abingdon...i look forward to seeing her and her dear Bob sometime around Thanksgiving , if we are here in the City...

Monday, September 12....another gorgeous day, bright, cheerful and perfect...i just returned from a most rigorous at the gym, and will work with Peter soon on his monologues forhis Sir Peter Hall audition tomorrow...at least it is a screening, from which he stands a chance of meeting the great man...our agent is at work.

Tomorrow is a day full of CAP 21 activities for me: Board stuff, meetings,etc. then at night my first class meeting ofthe Alum Class...it will most interesting to see the sort of work that group is capable of generating...I am looking forward to what will go on in that studio room...though I have things I can certainly do to structure the class, i am more interested in the group itself defining what it needs and what it wants to do to help itself grow...I hope to keep it to a maximum of 10 people, and right now we are nearing that number, but we shall see...i want it tobe intense and hardworking. Musical and dramatic. Scary and hard, but also fun. THe following week, the Wednesday Night class will start, and that will have more of the people from the summer, younger and less experienced, but talented nonetheless. And so the Fall will go...I do wonder if I will ever be in a show again as long as I live, but right now I am so content to be doing and learning what I am doing and learning. THe sheer volume of stuff I am learning about myself and my life is enough to fill yet another volume of journal work, though so much of it is in process and so I am unable to express it fully yet...there is alot going on, let me say, and much love in the process, no matter how confused I may feel by it all sometimes.

Heard from Rick R. that Scarlet Pimpernel at Barter is very good, and I heard that from other Abingdon sources as well...I do miss seeing al that , but well..,such is life...I miss long conversations with Rick. I miss that a lot. A lot a lot. He remains one of the truly strong and intelligent men i have ever had the privilege to work with. Conversations with him...well i always grew from them, one way or the other.And he is an enormous amount of fun in the process.I miss that as well. No one quite fills that place for me here. Peter acknowledges the same. I believe he too was genuinely challenged by Rick R. and loved him for it.

So, meetings begin tomorrow morning quite early over at Nancy T.'s office on the East Side...and I have much to do to prep for the first class. So,bye for now...

(Peter has composed the sweetest ballad, and arranged it in such a fine jazz way..
his music writing is so good....this one is very melodic...lovely......he calls it WHISPER).

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?