Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Dinosaur Dinner!!!

Peter,darling Drew E. and I just came from a most sumptuous dinner at the wonderful Dinosaur Barbecue Restaurant uptown at about 130th Street, directly across fromt he huge Fairway Market I love to grocery shop at....the Dinosaur has become a neighborhood favorite and the food explains why! Fabuolously tender barbecue meats and delectable side dishes, cold beer and a terribly friendly wait staff...we really chowed down, which tasted particularly swell since i workd out rigorously at the Paris today...We ran into the delightful Stephen Schnetzer, supping with his gorgeous family...Steve played "Cass" on ANOTHER WORLD, when I played "Felicia Gallant"'s secretary "Miss Devon" and he has since done a number of readings for us of new plays down at the CAP 21 Monday Night series...I asked him this evening about his interest in reading "Charles Condomine" in the reading of BLITHE SPIRIT that I will direct in the Fall..he said he'd love to...YAY! A perfect fit, I think. And Eliza V. will read "Madame Arcati"...Steve looks as good as ever he has looked, and his sweet spirit is intact, even after raising three gorgeous kids...what a lovely guy. So happy to have seen him.

We briefly discussed our dear Linda Dano and how she is not doing so well since her dearest husband Frank died. I asked Steven to remember me to her. She was wonerful to work with on that "soap"...a truly good actress, a kind colleague. I like her so much and am sad she is so low. She loved her husband deeply. We discussed the idea of having a night of drinks with her up at the Dinosaur...catch up and raise her spirits at the same time. I would like to see her.

Peter and I went to have our runes read to day...a gift from Stephen C....a lovely reader named Adrienne Jaret threw the runes and had much to say. Frankly, the future mystifies me, and all I can do, the best I can do , is to concentrate on what is directly in front of me, and give that my fullest attention. I want to do my best to be the best wife and caring friend to Peter. I want my understanding of myself to grow proportionate to the way we make our way through life together, and not short-change either him or myself in the process. I want to continue to cultivate patience and a clam wise center to my being...I want to create value in as many moments of my ife a I can. With Peter. For Peter. For myself. Side by side.

WE had a luxury at Barter to be able to be together so much of the time. But there is so much more to learn and grow from, so much of the world to experience together and discover.

So many adventures. Like: August 20th, Pearl Berman, one of CAP 21's valued Board members, will throw her annual theater party at her lovely Quogue house, and hundreds attend. She picks one musical every summer for her guests to take part in performing, and huge amounts of food and liquor are consumed in both the rehearsal and performance process. I have not been in town since this tradtion began to include CAP 21, so I am deighted to be able to participate this summer...Peter has been asked to sing the lead of "Billy" in ANYTHING GOES (Pearly flipped over his work in the reading of GODDESS WHEEL), and I will do some character role or other, while directing her erstwhile divas in the back gardens, fueled by one or five gin and tonics...so we shall be there full power....I even found the last of the B and B's with an available suite, so Peter, Nancy T. and I can actually spend the night in the Hamptons and attend th enormous brunch Parl, dear Pearl, throws on the next day for all who participated. That should be fun too. All in all, a unique thing. And, I bet, fun.

I do have an audition tomorrow for an off-Broadway project which is actually kind of fun, called BINGO! It's important for me to audition for it, since it is the first audition sent my way in several months. And I will enjoy the audition, since there are a number of scenes to bite into and even a song, a funny one, called SWELL, to learn for just this first go-round. And , as i always say, if the part has my name on it, ...etc.etc.etc. Nice to be seen for something. Should be fun.

More soon.

xxev

Comments:
Ev!
New York Barbeque! Interesting concept. I'm wonderung how it compares to good ol' Southern BBQ. I'm sure there's really no difference!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?