Sunday, August 14, 2005

The birth of a blog!!

Yes! I received word from Rick Rose at Barter that the Barter Theatre now has it's own official blog site on www.blogspot.com too! And he gave me permission to join in the blogging as a "Barterstaff" member..that made me feel so good...and so, of course, i made an entry as soon as I could! I do hope others read and write in it...so if you are interested in reading it, i think you go to www.bartertheatre.blogspot.com or something like that, or in any event, go to www.BarterTheatre.com and click on some button that is labelled "Blog"...and read and comment,etc. The real interesting thing would be if actors actually wrote about their rehearsal processes, and the tech folk wrote of unusual and fun things they do to get the various shows ready...as I said, I hope people join in the writing...

Meanwhile, Peter and I just returned from a nice long long weekend Upstate and the weather was so hot and humid, so very muggy and suffocating, we spent most of the days indoors being icily comforted by the air-conditioning...Peter has been working hard to help Paul do some remodelling, to prep the house for sale...but the best part is that Paul, Steve, Peter and I can enjoy some real family time up there together...Steve cooks the most wonderful dinners!!

Next weekend, Peter will sing the lead in ANYTHING GOES at a special party thrown each summer by our Board member Pearl Berman, and I will join in somehow...we will spend some nice time on the Hamptons and hopefull have some fun...it's always nice to spend time with our cousin Nancy, and the three of us will drive there together.

Also, I may be doing something I have been asked to do: a staged concert version of the old show THE GOLDEN APPLE...Pat McCorkle's Office simply called my agent and offered it to me...i will know more details tomorrow...as long as I do not have to miss Pearl's weekend, i'll be glad to say yes to this other thing...pays well...an adventure of sorts. A totally new show to me....oddly enough Peter has the CD and so I will give it a listen..

Meanwhile, we shall do our best to survive this awful summer city weather....my health club is closed all next week for repairs and their annual cleaning, so I don't even have that swimming pool to help relieve the heat! But, this too shall pass....unless of course we continue in the reckless way we have been careening towards global warming and ecological destruction, and then who the hell knows what future summers will be like! But, tra la...onward!

And love to all....xxev

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?