Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Ow!

So PILATES came into my life this morning and nearly did me in!!! I took a sample class at Reforming New York down on 42nd Street, and by the end I was nauseous and had the world's worst headache, but boy did my body feel great! They tell me the nausea and pain will lessen as I remember to breathe more and relax as i work...i sure as hell hope so...because boy! were those toxins flowing....i was so sick, i had to drink a bottle of water and sit and breathe a lot...another mistake on my part was I did not eat a morsel of food before this thing so that was probably stupid...at first the Pilates workout seems easy and gentle, but soon it feels more like what it is: using your own entire body weight to train yourself...I would like to keep at it, especially with several private sessions on the Reforming machines, to make sure I am doing it right, but I am a bit trepidatious about the headaches and sick-feeling stomach....one of the trainers told me that a client of his would literally vomit after her first few sessions...hmmm....how can that be good?

Anyway: at least my body was reminded for a while of how good it feels to stretch and work the muscles. I also met a couple of young actors who want to do a little acting-study with me, one of them in barter for private Pilates sessions...well, I dunno, but it's a possibility.

Ow.

Peter is doing a reading of GOGO BEACH for the writers (Mike Schaib and Brent Lord) next week...and teaching continues for me. It's fun to see the moment to moment progress of these eager young actors, little lightbulbs going off over their heads.

We are seeing AS YOU LIKE IT in Central Park this Friday night...Mark Lamos got us his house seats...then I run off to a day of Buddhism with Robert Thurman at the Zen Monastery near the Upstate house, in Carmel,NY...Saturday...all day....with Paul.

Ohm.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?