Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Again in the nose...

...of a humid grey and dingy morning here in the City and wow is it unpleasant...I go off to teach my first class of the day soon..my habit has become to leave early, prep for teaching on the way down while I ride a cool and slow #5 City Bus down Riverside Drive, across Central Park South and down FifthAvenue...a pleasant way to start the day. I am inserted slowly into it, rather than shot out of the cannon of a hot and crowded subway.

I had the most fantastically delicious lunch with Cynthia Adler yesterday at a place on Amsterdam called Quintessence...i asked Cyn to lunch because i owed her some attention and friendship: she is one of the most loyal and devoted women I know, and I truly esteem her friendship ...it's just that I have been too busy sorting out other nonsense, and suddenly realized I needed to honor her, and so wehad the best time...I shall try to be more vigilant as far as our relationship goes because I value it. She took me to one of her usual "odd" places (she knows them all) and this one (as are so many of the other places she has taken me) was totally amazingly good....because this one is a purely raw foods cafe...everything, every single thing on the menu is made of raw food, none at all cooked. And the results are surprising and delicious.. Much like when I see a magic act, I found myself asking "How did they do that" again and again. My mouth was delighted with what it was tasting and feleing, (the textures were so great) and my stomach welcomed each morsel with a sort of calm. My body felt the results of the live enzymes almost immediately, and I cannot believe how thoroughly delicious each and every food we ate was....Cyn ordered for us, and I am glad she did, because I was able to have such a variety of taste experiences. For instance the crust on the tart we had as an appetizer was not a baked dough, but rather a smooth, chewy nutty tasting planquette of soaked,crushed and molded grains..."biblical" grains, very ancient ones that raw food enthusiasts have rediscovered....i will return to that place.

And I thank Cynthia for introducing me to it.

I must go teach now....but more soon.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?