Monday, May 16, 2005

Not A Day Goes By....

...when I don't think of writing a new blog entry, but somehow, I have not written one, for days and days...sorry for that, all who read, but life is a busy and involved thing, at places and in ways I had not expected..it has all been so good. I have been delving deeper into my Nichiren Buddhist studies, chanting more, both at home and at the House upstate, and spending a deal more time with Peter at the piano, at home, snuggling down in our comfortable living room and discussing ways we want our life to go in the future...in some ways I feel as if I have been getting to know Peter better than i have yet had time to know him. And I am so glad, because he is a terrific man worth knowing. It's true what they say: it takes a long time to really know someone, and as easy as it is to take for granted that you know what makes a person "tick", that is how hard it is to really listen to what they are saying in the moment you are with them...I am guilty of this with my own dear husband. So we've been spending some "quality" time listening to each other lately. I am so glad we are doing that. Plus which , it's fun.

Peter has been cooking our dinners lately, and he is turning into a rather wonderful cook! He is inventive and has that thing that seems to tell him what will make a dish delicious....I am not real good at that...but Peter has been coming up with the most wonderful things...and we share a bottle of good wine (we have so many from Wedding gifts,etc.) with each new meal, and we talk and talk even more. This is a good time to simply be in our home together. I value it.

Ed Sala (with whom I we did PROPOSALS at Barter) called to make contact a few days ago.It will be nice to see Ed. He has a script or two for me to take to CAP 21...

We are having dinner with our favorite Ed...Ed Dixon...Wednesday night. I can hardly wait, as we seem to see each other all too rarely, whether we are in town or not. He has many tales to tell of his 2 weeks at Kathy Lee Gifford's Florida mansion...(he performed the lead in her offBroadway musical last year)...and just in general, I miss my friend Edward. So Wednesday will be fun.

We saw the Encore production of THE APPLE TREE Saturday, at City Center, starring Kristen Chenowith, Malcolm Getz and Michael Cerveris. It was cute. And , as always, fun to listen to Kristen sing and be adorable. This was Rob Fisher's last weekend of conducting the Encore Orchestra, and after 12 years of doing so, he is moving on to "other projects"...after the show, the cast sat onstage while Kristen sang a special version of "What Makes Me Love Him" with new lyrics specially written for Rob by Sheldon Harnick, as a tributre to his departure. The audience loved it Very sweet.You could tell that the Encore experience is a close-knit one, and that the staff is proud of what they have accomplished over the past dozen years or so. Theater companies are so...well....familial. Peter had never seen an Encore thing, so I am glad we went, especially as he'll be doing that sort of concert at Carnegie Hall soon...so this was in the way of research.

Yesterday, we worked on music practically all day. We both sang and sang, and played and played. I have not done that in a very long time. Felt so good.

We are both becoming rather disenchanted with our dear, but seemingly ineffectual agent right now....we like him so much as a friend. Truly do like him. But...this is a topic for conversation at dinner on Wednesday night with Ed D. Perhaps he can help us see something we are not seeing. In any event, something's gotta give. Somewhere. Peter needs more of the push an active agent can give him. And I...well..to be honest...I'm not sure what I need right now. Which is why chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo helps so much: it focuses me and allows me to stay open to all the possibilities my own fears cut me off from. It is a powerful thing.

Darling Drew E. received the offer he was wanting to do THE BOYFRIEND (directed by Julie Andrews!!!!) at Goodspeed this summer, and then to tour it for 6 months...I am so glad...he will be utterly delightful in it, and give us a reason to visit East Haddam this summer...yay. And I believe Ed D. will go out with the new DR. DOOLITTLE musical later this year as well, so all my dear "Thernadiers" will be on the road...
As long as they are happy. As for me, I want to stay by Peter's side, be a wife...BOOK A SOAP OPERA! Or a NY-based TV thing! Still not ready for 8 shows a week..as the lovely song says: "I'd rather be sailing..."....more soon,

as ever,

Ev

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?