Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Hillary, Oh Hillary,....

...oh have you met Hillary.....my brother and I spoke this morning of her potential for being a President of the United States who would at least bring fireworks and style to the campaign...not to mention the fact that she is clearly the smartest of the bunch to try...I couldn't believe my very own brother Richard, with whom I have disagreed politically for 50 years (!) was actually saying supportive things about this dynamic, powerful woman...my dream conversation, concerning politics, with my dearest Richard....he has always been Republican..I have always been Democrat, and never have the twain met on any common ground before this morning...pigs do fly!

Before we hung up the phone, after our lengthy conversation, he said: "We should always talk."...yes. He's right, we should. And so we will. We will. My brother.

Things are slow around here theatrically, though I do have an audition coming up in June for something that would take me away to LA in the Fall...I do not want to be away from Peter at all,really, but I must accept auditions here when they come, and trust that the best will occur for all concerned...it always does. Peter is working out and losing weight and looks great, in prep for his Carnegie Hall thing in June...Alec Baldwin will now play "Billis" and tix are $850.00 each!!! A benefit for the Hall, after all....I will see it the morning of at the dress rehearsal.

Weekends at the House have been so good. Full of contemplation and conversation, as well as hard work and good meals. I love it there so much. But wil share Paul's relief when it is finally sold to the right people. Freedom to do so much else. And move on to even lovelier adventures.

I have recently heard from Ann J. that SINGIN IN THE RAIN at Barter is so good! She went on rapturously about the costumes. I am sure they are wonderful. I so want to get down there to see it. But it may have to wait until August, after my teaching gig at CAP 21...funny how far away it all seems now. Both in distance and in memory. Odd. Yet, I still miss certain people so much. And the beauty that is inherent in the Barter process. I miss that. I deeply hope the tickets are selling for the summer. And of course, as ever, am curious about all company gossip.That will not change. Nor shall my love for the place.

There is something so deep and rich about this time in my life. And, as usual, what this time will yield is still a mystery, but maybe it is simply to have mastery in this moment, without looking ahead or behind. THe mystery is the mastery. Hmmm.

Gotta go to a noon meeting. Wish I could snuggle and write all day. It's raining out, in that gentle Springtime sort of way.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?