Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Having Too Much Fun!

...doing relatively little! Could it be I actually need this time to gather my energies, recuperate from the Barter years (enjoyable yet inexorable), and rethink my priorities? All I know is I like this time in my life. And I am mildly surprised at the lack of anxiety I feel since I have always been driven by what I used to label my "ambition"...Thinking more clearly about that, I realize it was more fear than anything else, fear, and the need to prove to someone (the world) something about myself I was not too sure about within me: my talents, my worth, my very reason for existing. These things, with age and experience, and as I deepen my
Buddhist studies, seem to have not exactly faded into the background, but are definitely in a different perspective than they used to be, and this leaves me so much more room for genuine creativity and happiness. Perhaps this is what "they" mean when they refer to the wisdom of age....I hope so, because it feels so good!

In any event, things are relatively calm right now....I did have a fun voice-over audition yesterday at Bernard Telsey's office...and Peter and I lunched with Janice Goldberg, old pal and gifted director, who has asked us to do a reading of new NYU thesis play: SCARY NATION, later this week...she gave us the scripts, and we caught up on life missed together in the three years we were in Virginia...I spent last evening with Drew E., dining at Zen Palate and going to Gongyo at SGI in 15th Street...i love having the time to spend with Drew, and diving into more SGI activities here. I missed that (when I had time to) at Barter very much. As Spring begins to spread over more of the City more of the time, it is a pleasure to simply walk the various neighborhoods.NYC seems in very good condition these days. Or is it me?

I imagine I will begin to spend more time down at CAP 21 soon, especially as I will be teaching several hours of class this Summer Session...but , except for seeing one brief section of final demos, and going to various Board meetings (next week is an Executive Committee Meeting), I have consciously stayed up in our neighborhood and have been working on the apartment with my husband. We love being in our home together.

Am I too dull for words? Do you all crave news of the great theatrical life here in NYC? Well, I am sure there will be more to come of all that. There always is. But for now, be happy that I am happy and content in my home, with time to rest, re-nourish my artistic "soil", and stock up on the energies necessary for the projects that surely lie ahead. I did promise to write more about SHOCKHEADED PETER and BEAST ON THE MOON....but as so much is lately, theater seems not nearly as important as simply cleaning out the next closet! THIS IS ALL SO ODD FOR ME!!!! AND SO VERY VERY GOOD! Rick R. has e-mailed and asked that i go to a reading of a new play later this month on his behalf...that will of course be a pure pleasure...I still miss them all so...but: all in good time!

Things will get busy again all too soon....so if I can remember to carry some of this relaxation over into the time when that does happen, I will truly have matured in a way that serves my life!

Meanwhile, I shall try to write of more entertaining things soon.

We are meeting Mitchell D. (brother of Barter pal Mark D.) for lunch today...that has some professional energy to it...I look forwrd to that.

But tonite, a simply dinner cooked with my man, another stack of stuff gotten through, thrown away, organized, and another chance to savor the simple moments together. I never used to be able to do that very easily. ANd I am grateful that now I can.

Love to all.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?