Thursday, April 21, 2005

Years ago, in a land far away...

..my dear Momma, no doubt in pain, pushed me out into this world...I am reasonably sure i did not want to leave the comfortable place i had nestled into for 9 months, and I no doubt gave a good shriek of protest, if current behavior is any any indication of past...boom! There I was, a red, squawling thing, writhing about on some little table at Crawford Long Hospital, warning the world with that cry that Evalyn was now here to change the world for them all!!!I am reasonably sure I began bossing people about right away!

Dearest Richard: thanks for the Birthday call...Chase, amazing boy: thanks fro the Birthday e-mail...darling Ann J: thank you for the Birthday wishes....and Drew: the card...Peter, love, the gorgeous flowers....and so much more...Eliza, the call...I am so lucky to have a life filled with so much love.

Peter has a GUIDING LIGHT audition today...an "under 5"...but still very important, as it came directly from his work in the class with Rob D., who was impressed with peter obviously. He signed his Carnegie Hall contract yesterday, and Gary E. took him to a long and good lunch meeting. Much was accomplished.

The SGI meeting last night was wonderful (SGI = Soka Gakkai International, meaning "value creation")..inspiring and strong. The most wonderful people. A profound thing , this Buddhism. I must again thank Drew E. for giving it to me in my life. A true gift.

Tonight, while peter is in class, I will take my darling niece Rachel to the jewish Museum and then to dinner at MaMa Mexico! My gift to myself: to be with my niece!
I intend to strengthen that relationship.

I understand that ticket sales for SINGIN IN THE RAIN at Barter are doing well and the summer looks good there...GOOD!

I had better go downtown and be a good Jury person now...! More soon.

Comments:
Happy Birthday dear Evalyn!

My sisters and I still miss seeing you and Peter at the Barter, but we delight in your adventures, life, and escapades in exciting New York City. We wish you the best of the best, for this is what you give to your friends, family, and admirers. Have a grand day, Evalyn, and we toast to your health, vitality, talent, and your spirit. With love and admiration on your birthday,
from Aleta, Mary Lee, Patsy, and Gloria
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?