Saturday, April 02, 2005

A Storm-Tossed Saturday

...as NYC is awash in a good old-fashoned Nor'Easter!! When I took the pups out to pee at their accustomed 7:00 hour this morning, the undaunted Cyrano pee-ed away, while Sally looked up at me like I was insane to expect her to even be outside in this windy wet mess!!! She is such a princess...takes after me, I fear...this day will a stormy one, with winds and rain increasing throughout, so we shall spend it cozily indoors...much to do here. Glad not to go out for any reason. For some reason, reminds me of Edinburgh...atmospheric and dramatically grey.

Yesterday was a very productive one, full of various business demands.

THe 11-1 session at Ayres Studio with Galt McD.'s 7-man band was fun and useful. Lots of our CAP21 kids showed up and got to sing at the microphones with the band, and they sounded terrific...Peter sounded great as "the Chancellor"...and Cat Joseph and Melanie May Po (the two "ringers" Galt has brought in to sing two of the roles) were wonderful...though they have been long-familiar with the music, they requested two vocal scores anyway, so on my way to my 1:50 radio booking, i stopped at CAP 21 on 18th Street and copied two for them, and gave them to Ron Stratton to drop off at the RENT Stage Door on 41st Street (Cat is currently in RENT, Melanie her best pal).

New York City is just one huge office area!

My Amica booking was swift and easy...I have lucked into clients who are easy to please lately...sessions with indecisive clients can be long and tiresome...but that was not the case yesterday. I was able to get to my 3:00 CAP 21 Board committee meeting easily, up at Nancy Truitt's office on East 59th Street. Lois Rathus, Nancy and I met in one of the Tinker Foundation conference rooms and got a lot done in the way of organizing our approach to staff interviews for the purpose of analyzing the company's structure. Also, because both Nancy and Lois are such interesting women, we had fun doing it! I am developing a real interest in Lois Rathus, both as an art historian and a friend. We wlaked and talked for many blocks after the meeting and I relaxed in her company. She has a terrific mind and a lovely sense of humor, and her knowledge of her field (her specialty is Abstract Expressionism) is so appealing to me. She is Dean of the Art Department at the College of New Jersey, and she really knows her stuff! Her daughter Allyn is a CAP 21 graduate and we asked Lois to be on the Board to represent parents of CAP 21...she has a genuine and abiding interest in the development of CAP, and has become good friends with both Frank and Eliza in the process. I look forward to knowing her and her family better.

After that long walk with Lois, we hopped a cab, I dropped her off at their Trumnp Plaza apartment and cabbed on home, where a relaxed night (of movies and Chinese food) was waiting for us both! We had such a good time: we watched two silly movies (SCHOOL OF ROCK and AGAINST THE ROPES) and enjoyed ourselves immensely, having felt like we both put in long, productive weeks in the re-establishing process of being back in NYC. We have earned this weekend.

So , as the storms rage outside, and as the rain pitter-pats down on the outside casing of our living room air conditioning unit (such a cozy sound), Peter still sleeps, the puppies cuddle on the floor at my feet, and I remain your constant correspondent..onward toward sunnier days!

Prayers for the Pope...when he finally lets go, may he rest in peace.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?